Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do I do with all these feelings?

Two days to surgery and I am beside myself. I will feel better once the ball gets rolling.........I guess........but my monkey brain has even though of cancelling.

Please, hold my hand and tell me it is going to be allright.

You are going to be great.

I posted and posted on here how I was scared they'd open me up to do the band and couldn't because I had something wrong (my mom has cancer) and then I thought I start bleeding and wouldn't know it and all kinds of stuff.

Don't worry yourself. It takes less than an hour and about an hour and 1/2 in recovery and the pain isn't bad at all and they give you stuff for pain. Just try to think of all the stuff you'll finally be able to do. The pretty clothes your going to buy. I promise you it will be fine.

I worried enough for 3 people and there was no need in it whatsoever and I went to Mexico. Just trust in your heart that God is going to bring you through it, have faith in your surgeon and his team.

I'm sending you hugs and prayers and you'll be just fine.

Repeat after me... "I only have cold feet" "I only have cold feet"

I had a night mare the other night.

I had gone to the hospital and my Ob/Gyn was there. She said she wanted to view the proceedure. I said ok. In my dream, I was wheeled to the OR and I saw her smiling at me and then I went under. When I came to in my dream. She appologised to me because Dr B (my real surgeon) was too busy to do the operation, so she did it herself.

In my dream I was soo mad that when I finally woke my self up, my heart was racing and I was sweating bullets.

So, as long as my Ob/Gyn, who I feel saved my life in delivery, is actually the one who operates on me or you, I think we will be ok. :)

I am having the same thoughts and My date is set for August 14th. DON'T GIVE UP MAN. Just go through it, I went to a support group meeting and Monday and met at least 20 people that are in all stages of the procedure and it is going to work. JUST FOLLOW THE DR's orders.

Don't cancel, just keep fighting. Look at this guy, he has inspired me. He had his surgery date on May 9th he was 331 and now in July he is only 271

http://mysite.verizon.net/resekuot/carterjosephriggins/id3.html

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :) :) :) :) ^_^

Hey that is the spirit, start making your chicken stock and take the veggies and the chicken and puree it so that the during the 3 weeks that you start soft foods you have that available man. WOOHOOO

Yah:) :)^_^

You'll be fine hun,

I was convinced that something was going to stop me from getting the surgery. It's just the nerves that get to you. You're going to do great and a couple weeks from now you are going to be posting words of encouragement to who ever gets their turn next.

Take care and know that your LBT family is thinking of you.

You'll be fine. It's totally normal to be nervous beforehand. I was bawling like a baby the night before when I was admitted to the hospital, and had to be given a tranquilizer to calm me down (which I understand is fairly standard anyway before general anaesthesia). I was quite alright when I came around, and now, a week later, I've almost forgotten that I even went in for surgery (apart from getting used to eating with the band)!

Sending warm hugs your way....

Deana.

This is all natural. I remember 2 days before my surgery I had a complete meltdown. Why did I let myself go that I had to have surgery, etc? It will be okay. Just let the fear and feeling come and afterwards you will be fine. Its the best thing I've ever done. I'm down 14 lbs in 6 weeks. On Weight Watchers I was yo-yo'ing so I am fine with that weight loss. Good luck.

Not sure about your religious beliefs, but I found that thanking God for allowing me to be here (in this place and time) was most soothing to me. There are so many out there who are not allowed this lifesaving opportunity. Although I was extremely disappointed in myself, for not being in control of my own weight, I was extremely grateful for being allowed a way out. I just constantly repeated my thanks and gratitude, all the way into the OR.

I am feeling so nervous. What happens if the band doesn't work? what if I have complications? What if it doesn't work?

But, I also know that it is going to work. the doubts in the back of my mind can control me, so I am not letting them. This is the start of a new life, that is all I can keep repeating to myself.

Paulax, my friend Jane and I were on the plane flying down for our surgery and we had a "moment" when we looked at each other and both said "Are we crazy????" However, the moment I awoke from the anesthetic I was filled with a feeling of excitement and pure joy that I had actually done it.

Good luck tomorrow, I hope your recovery is swift.

Devana

Everything is going to be fine. Read all the bandiversary posts. Put that term in the search area. I used to spend lots of time looking at before and after pictures and stuff like that. Sure, look at the complications, but don't focus on that. Focus on the huge percentage of very happy and healthy success stories, and figure out how to be like them!

Cindy

It's so wonderful to know that so many of you have gone through the same emotions and are willing to share to help out those of us that are waiting our turn! Thank you!!!!!

I've been having lots of second thoughts too. When I'm fully awake and can rationalize the situation I know it's the best thing I can do for myself, but recently I have been having more and more frequent "nightmares" if you will about having the procedure done.

I'm not dreaming about the procedure itself or anything that goes wrong but that I'm a huge failure for not being able to lose weight with discipline and hard work. I have these feelings of "why am I putting my body through all this", "why can't I be strong", etc. I wake up in a panic and then realize that it's all going to be okay. My mom has been gone for several years now and I know she would never have approved this especially since I'm going to Mexico, so I think that's where it's all coming from. I also panic about the money. We could use that money for so many other things - nothing as important as my health - but isn't it sad that I can justify home improvements over my health?

I just keep looking at the facts and looking at my health (not horrible at this point but it's staring me in the face) and my inability to do anything about it and I realize this is the best hope I have to regain my health and my love of an active life.

My surgery date is 8-17 and I've bought the plane tickets and sent my deposit so I'm doing it period - but at times I think I'm just plain crazy for proceeding. Good luck with your surgery and thank you to everyone that has offered advice and stories - it really helps!

Andy Liz

I am with you in spirit and nerves! I can't believe I only have 2 weeks till being banded! I also have those guilty feelings-how the heck did I get so fat? Why didn't I diet when all I had to lose was 20 pounds not a 100? But to the future! The hell with the past. I think everyone is nervous.

Here's to us!!!!