Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help!! What elese can I eat?

So tomorrow I will be 2 weeks out!! On day 10 I went for my 1st post-op & I'd lost 14lbs!! Woo hoo!!

However, I'm still on mushy foods & I'm running out of options. So far, my diet consist of the following staples: Protein Shakes, sugar free pudding, mashed potatoes, Wendy's chili, eggs, grits, string cheese, Soups, tuna fish, blackend/pan-fried (only a little olive oil, no flour) fish and lean ground beef patties.

That's it...literally. Is there anyone out there that can suggest other foods? I'm trying to avoid the 'woe is me' attitude but everytime I try to add something new, I end up running back to something on my staples list. C'mon people...give me what ya got!! Thanks!! Hugs!!

My program is also a mushy/soft Protein for the first month (tho we don't have ground beef on the list, just veggieburgers - I'm jealous!) Beyond what you listed, I have oatmeal and cream of wheat on the list in addition to grits, wheat germ can be sprinkled onto lots of foods for extra Protein, yogurt (greek yogurt by preference as it has more protein,) Healthy Choice Soups, tofu, soybeans, tempeh, rice and Beans, egg or soy noodles, Peanut Butter, liverwurst, pate, hummus. I extrapolated from that list and had some homemade chicken noodle Soup (dark meat chicken is on our second month, but I tried a bit of it first and it went down well) and french onion Soup (broth, cheese and I figured that the bread/croutons are so soaked with broth that there's minimal expansion risk.) I added Protein powder to the SF puddings to boost the protein, and later substituted some of the milk and powder for greek yogurt for a taste and texture change.

Good luck with it all, and yes, it does get boring (but not as bad as for those on liquids for another month!) I haven't had any of the soups since that first month - gee, did I get tired of them?

Hi I just had my post op appt today n am allowed to start stage 2 today everyone talks abt Wendy's chili... Isn't that not mushy enough??? Doesn't it have whole Beans n meat? ? I'm not on meat yet? Please advice???

Deli meat is on some mushy lists. Really, I just ate what the family ate (assuming it was diet friendly) and blended it in the magic bullet. Use your fork to smash up the chili. Try some ricotta cheese with some seasonings, sauce and parm or mozz cheese on top, heat until bubbly. Baked sweet potatoes are way better for you than white potatoes. Squash mashes up nicely too, and again, is way better than white potatoes. Black bean Soup is delicious in the mushy stage and so filling. Veggie burgers are typically very soft and mushy. French onion soup is good, but watch the sodium content. Fore-go the croutons and add parmesan cheese instead of the ooey gooey cheese that will likely not feel good on your new tummy. I liked eggs, but some had difficulty with them early out. Best thing is to try it slow. I did find that by adding processed American cheese to the eggs, they went down easier. The American cheese melts to a liquid and makes the eggs super moist. They slide down very easy that way. Egg salad was good at this stage too.

HTH with ideas. GL.

greek yogurt, eggs, refried Beans, ricotta bake from eggface (awesome!) blended soups......I thought I'd died and gone to heaven when I tried V-8 Cream of Broccoli :) I was leaning away from the sweet stuff, had more than enough of that during liquid phase! And I tried to lay off the carbs too, this is the honeymoon period and it should help.....

I'm confused. When do you start eating the things you al are talking about? 2nd, 3rd, 4th week out? How long were you on the liquid stage? What happens if you try wendy's chili in the liwuid stage? Is that allowed? Thanks.