Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New resident to Onderland AND Century Club

Hey ya'll! I decided to wait a couple days to post to make sure the scale wasn't lying to me. Often when I hit a new weight I bounce around for a while, but it looks like it will "stick" this time.

I started this crazy journey one year and one month ago.

My starting weight (my high) was 298.

Today I weigh 198! Wooot!!!!

hdance.gif

Man...I love Trink (my band). She and I have been through a lot together! Wooot.

That is amazing and so motivational and inspirational...tks for sharing!!!

:clap2: :clap2:

CONGRATS!

You should be proud. Make sure you add yourself to the "Who Has Lost 100 Pounds" thread.

Congrats on both, now, what have been your best NSVs? Or your favorite ones?

Ah Vines....that's a good question. Let me see...of the top of my head in no particular order:

1) fitting again into the conference room chairs at work

2) being able to cross my legs again (I don't know why but I feel SO girly to be able to sit with my legs crossed)

3) finding a new man in my life after a two year long drought (I met him six months and sixty pounds after the band)

4) wearing a size of pants that is less than 20 (currently at a size 14)

5) Energy! Wow! I can't believe how much energy I feel with some weight off

6) the amazing feeling I have about food now. I won't say I'm 100% but more often than not I feel more in control of food and eating. And when I'm out of control and try to eat everything in the house...I can't. I spent many months recently RAGING against my band and vomiting almost every night. One day while I leaned over the toiled I realized....this was basically bulimic behavior. This awful eating disorder I'd fought so hard against had returned in an insidious way. And THAT was a big shocker. So I've really worked on those demons again and found more peace with the band.

7) how good I feel about myself so I now walk with my head and eyes up and not down which causes people to react to me in a FAR different way then they did when I was almost 300lbs, depressed and eyes cast downward

8) Being able to shop some of the places I used to love. AND being able to pull out some boxes of old stuff and fit into them again.

9) Making my skinny and VERY beautiful sister jealous. Heh. Ok, that one is not very nice....but I've ALWAYS been jealous of HER. Maybe it's her time for a little while. And if my success can motivate HER then all the better (she has some post baby weight that she's working on).

10) That I'm alive. And healthy. And almost off blood pressure meds. And my indications for a long life are improving daily. I plan on spending a LONG time on this planet and this is one of the many ways I make that happen.

Vines, you've been a source of support for me from the start and I want to thank you personally for that! Thanks for asking this question and getting me to spend some time thinking about it. I needed it! I get TOO tied up in the scale...so this was a good exercise for me (and maybe exorcise, too, of those demons)!

chickendance.gif