Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

so I'm on my 4tth day pre-op diet . surgery in on the 13th still scared and nervous dealing with head hunger. I hope it's easier after surgery and why do I feel bloated just drinking Water, Protein Drinks, yogurt , v8 juice . the hunger isn't from my stomache it's in my head I guess it tell me to just give up and eat something I'm trying so hard to be strong when I keep myself busy go out it's easier when I stay home and watch tv then when it gets hard . Only 4 more days to go wish me luck and thanks for letting me vent. my hubby dosen't understand

Hello :)

It does get much easier. When I first had mine it was all I could think of was food. I am 6 months out and have lost 128 since surgery and 178 all together. I feel great and how I feel, what I can do now that I could not do before and all the compliments I get plus the wonderful clothes shopping,l well who has time to think of food. All these things have taken the place of my head hunger. I understand about husbands he did not not understand either but is going through his process and scheduled for Nov 21st sugery and well i think he is starting to understand now. All will be well just take it a day at a time and enjoy this wonderful journey you are starting. don't forget to take monthly pictures- It is great looking back.

Denise

I'm struggling right there with you! My surgery is the 14th. I even went out to dinner last night and really struggled looking at the menu (it was a mexican place and they put a basket of chips right in front of me, arrrg, my sister poured some salsa for me out of habit) I fought through it and ordered the Soup (but margaritas are liquid right)! Yay! cool.gif

Hang in there, good luck to you on your journey!

I'm on my 13 or 14th day pre-op liquid Protein diet. I have made a few mistakes along the way, it is super hard. I am the same way at home, I always seem to be hungry. So lately I have been trying to keep my hands busy even when at home watching tv. If I watch tv I also sit on my laptop on this site now so I won't be tempted to eat or grab some junk food. As far as feeling bloated you might be drinking and eating too closely together, or too fast. I find if I chug anything I get so bloated afterwards. I have been on here a lot and almost everyone says that their hunger gets better after surgery. Lots of people even say they have to make themselves eat because they are just not hungry. I can't wait to have that problem because right now I am always hungry (head and actual hunger). Good luck to you, just keep pushing and remember it does get better. This is all worth it, or that's what i hear.

Oh and are you allowed to have sugar free Jello and popsicles, because having that type of snack has really helped me. It isn't the same as grabbing chips or ice cream but it at least gave me something to munch on when everything else gets boring. If you can't have that you could make your own crystal light popsicles, I think they even sell them at stores now too. That way it takes some time to eat it but your hands are staying busy. Good Luck! I'm pushing thru right there with you.

I am on day 2 of the liquids... I am so happy to have 1/2 cup of strained cream Soups...it is a treat! LOL It helps if you find a Protein drink that you like... or 3 in my case. I stocked up on all 3 amazing flavors...and they just called to tell me they have the chocolate Peanut Butter flavor in...I tried it today and it is AWESOME. IsoFlex is great!!!

I am doing 3 weeks of liquids.... so by the end..I will hate them all. :)