Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys

I was wondering if its normal for my sleeve capacity to change on a daily basis? What i mean by that is somedays ill have one meal ( and by meal i mean turkey and cheese) and i wont eat all day cause im not hungry but then the next day ill eat every 3 hours and be hungry.

Then theres the meals , like ill have the same meal one day and finish 1/3 of it then the next ill finish half and then back again.

Have any of you experienced this?

Yep I was just talking to my mom about this. Some days I eat constantly while others I can barely get anything in. In addition I notice when I'm stressed or upset that my stomach tightens up and I can't really eat....yesterday I ate 900 calories 64 grams of Protein, 33 grams of carbs and today I could barely barely squeeze anything in.

Yes, seems true for me too. Mine can be different from day to day, and also the time of the day? Sometimes I can't eat much or don't even want much in the morning, but I am hungrier or can hold a little more early evening. It's weird, but I've seen a lot of people say the same thing.

:)

I agree, some days I pig out eating for a two hour period at a social and then other times maybe just a cup of cottage cheese for Breakfast. I suspect part of it is that the body needs a certain amount of food to survive and you get cravings to eat.

I experience the same thing too. I think it's more "normal" because we are a lot more aware of how much we eat now. Before I could eat as much as I wanted and still want dessert. Now I'm aware of when I MUST stop, and sometimes its quicker than other times. The point is, I'm paying attention now instead of gorging myself all the time.

Well, I'm newly sleeved (3 weeks), but my doctor made it clear that on some days your sleeve can be "tighter" than others.

I know for me, in the morning my sleeve is extremely tight. The only thing I can get down is warm tea. Per doctore, the warmth of the Fluid allows the muslce to relax.

This might be why you'll can eat more some days, than others???

Yep, my sleeve can be fickle too. She's very moody.

I can literally not even eat until noon. I force myself too though, I know how important breakfast is, even if its just a Protein shake. That seriously will get me all the way until lunch. No hunger pangs, no hollow feeling and not even the desire to eat food. I was never like this before my sleeve!

I feel tighter in the early morning, and that might be the reason why I'm not as ready to eat. I can eat a good size lunch but dinners are pretty small though. Noon is the time when my sleeve likes to eat the most.

The guys won't be affected by this either, but I notice I'm not able to eat as much during my Pds. But... my cravings are sky high, so it's kinda a good thing I guess.

:)

Yep, I'm the same way too. I do find that in the mornings, it's easier to eat my breakfast after I drink something warm. So I have my coffee first, then eat later.

I have found also that my sleeve can change from day to day. I will be 3 months post surgery on the 18th and have lost 44 lbs including preop weight loss. I find that the restrictive feeling seems to come quicker when I am eating than it did 1 month out, if that makes sense. I also find that the worse thing I can do is eat too fast. I went to costco shopping on Saturday. I hadn't eaten since lunch and I bought some pears. They looked and smelled so good. So on the way home I decided to eat one. I bit into it and it was sugar sweet and so delicious. I guess I got carried away on how good the pear tasted that I ate it too fast. I was only about 2 miles down the road and had to pull over and throw-up a few bites. This has happened to me a few times when I eat too fast. I don't know if eating too fast doesn't allow the sleeve time to adjust to the food that is being put in but I have to remind myself to eat slow. If I do that I don't have a problem. The funny thing is that I can't over eat even if I wanted to. I can eat the wrong things in small amounts but I can't just eat too much or it comes back up. Actually this is one of the best things about the sleeve because it keeps me from over indulging when the food tastes so good. The sleeve keeps me in check. I really can eat anything I want in small amounts so I have no problems if I chose to eat the right or wrong thing. I just can't sit down and eat a whole bag of potato chips or a big bowel of ice cream or 4 or 5 chocolate chip Cookies (sweets are my passion). It is a great tool and if you use it wrong it will let you know.