Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Compression shorts?

I'm training for a 1/2 marathon in February and I had to stop training for a couple months due to an ankle issue. Now I'm slowly getting back at it ( I hope I'm not starting from the beginning again).

My issue is that I must have lost a bunch of inches in my legs because now when I run, they painfully flop around with extra skin!!! I'm kinda scared because I really need to get moving again!!!

I got to thinking about the compression shorts. Anybody used them for running purposes? Or anybody have any ideas that may help me out?

I use compression clothing from Under Armour. They have various types but the Compression clothing holds thing in place nicely. You can also get like an large Ace Bandage and use it to wrap the lose stomach in place but I would first check Under Armour.

I love my compression garments. I do make sure to use a quality powder under it. For me, it keeps any rashing under control that could happen due to sweat. However, I am at BEST walking up a sweat, not running and certainly not 1/2 marathon distance. But I do love my compressions shorts and tanks.

I bought a pair of spandex running pants at JC Penny's for my jogging. I'm sure they look terrible, but they keep things pretty compact and tight.

Actually, Old Navy has a descent line of compression gear at really inexpensive prices. Just stocked up.

I'm training for a 1/2 marathon in February and I had to stop training for a couple months due to an ankle issue. Now I'm slowly getting back at it ( I hope I'm not starting from the beginning again).

My issue is that I must have lost a bunch of inches in my legs because now when I run, they painfully flop around with extra skin!!! I'm kinda scared because I really need to get moving again!!!

I got to thinking about the compression shorts. Anybody used them for running purposes? Or anybody have any ideas that may help me out?