Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

looking for answers, there may be none

8.5 mos out...lost 75 lbs. Eating 1500 calories a day. Been messing around with the same 2 lbs up and down since Aug. 25. Went on vacation, didn't pay attention to a thing I ate or how much and I came home to see a 4 lb loss! YAY! Lowest I've been. Stepped on scale today, a week later, have gained 10 lbs. REALLY??? I've never gained 10lbs in a week in my life. I'm so p'o'd right now. I am confused and upset.

I dropped a size in clothes this past 5 weeks during the stall, so yes, it appears I've lost inches. But that glaring 10lb gain is fogging over everything. Not to mention I've been fighting HARD my hunger. I am hungry. Really hungry. Like, getting shaky bc I haven't eaten feeling hungry. I eat about 300 calories for Breakfast at 9a, in about 2 hours I'm hungry. I try to fight it off for another hour, have a snack of about 150 calories, then eat lunch at about 1p of another 300 calories, and again I'm hungry in 2 hours. I eat a snack of about 150 calories again. I eat dinner at about 4:30 using about 350 calories. At 7p, I'm hungry again. I know I only have 250 calories left so I try to stretch it out until 9p but sometimes cannot. My go to foods when hungry are usually pieces of cheese or ham/turkey deli meat. Maybe a few crackers with it. It had been in the first few months of having this surgery that kind of hunger meant I was going to have a great big loss when I weighed in the next week. Imagine my surprise stepping on the scale and seeing it UP 10lbs. I about threw up...for real. I did swear and kick the scale. Real grown up of me. Damn I was angry.

So, any ideas??

(and no, I'm not putting that damned 10 lb gain on my ticker below...so na nee na nee boo boo)

Just a suggetion.... 5 day pouch test.... I just did it last week because of sloppy eating & drinking habits, I was snacking throughout the day and not losing like I should, etc.. It worked for me, helped get me back on track.

The pouch test takes you back to surgery....liquids for 2 days, soft solid protien only day 3, etc.... If you follow it to the letter it is suppose to cleanse your body from the carb cravings and help get you back focused on your sleve, like when you first had surgery. Below is the link:

http://5daypouchtest.com/

So that was 2 days ago....today is my official weigh in day....lost 8 of those pounds. I totally don't get it. I changed nothing on my diet..still ate 1500 calories. So my net gain was 2 lbs.

So that was 2 days ago....today is my official weigh in day....lost 8 of those pounds. I totally don't get it. I changed nothing on my diet..still ate 1500 calories. So my net gain was 2 lbs.

No worries, it was ALL Water. It happens... you might have eaten something exceptionally high in sodium without realizing it. Keep an eye on all your sodium intake, you might be a bit sensitive to it. Are you near PMS too? Us women, you know, we just have that issue.

Stay sane my dear! You're in this for the long haul. One day is just a blip on the radar. :)