Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't know where exactly I am supposed to be in terms of weight loss at this point. I recently lost my insurance and had to miss my last doc. appointment. I was sleeved May 2nd and have lost a total of 66 pounds after surgery so far. I feel great and I am so happy I have lost the 66 pounds but the weight is coming off really slowly now. I am eating a bit more now and I am wondering if I should just keep doing as I am doing. I work out 2-3 times a week, I drink 64 oz of Water a day and I am pretty sure I am getting at least 60 grams or more of Protein a day in meals. I haven't really drank any Protein shakes in a long time. Did anyone else notice a significant stand still near the 5 month mark?

Maybe I am just nervous about the weight coming off slowly!! huh.gif

Hey fellow May sleever! I was sleeved 5/23/11! I think you are doing GREAT! I just went for a doctor's visit...was really my 3 month but I had to reschedule....so it was a little late. He gave me a big high five and two thumbs up.....and you and I have lost about the same amount so I would say you are doing fine.

He did up my Protein to 80 (was 60-70) because I complained of hair falling out in clumps. He said not all I was eating is absorbed ....some can pass by unabsorbed.

He said I could try Biotin...wouldn't hurt. Some people have luck with it some don't. I am taking it now (5000 mg Walmart) and the hair on my legs (and other places) is growing like CRAZY.....hair still falling out on my head but I THINK it is slowing down........a little...........ok maybe just wishful thinking on my part????Still all over tub and floor of bathroom every morning.........

BUT I FEEL GREAT! Hubby says it is like having a new wife ....I have more energy, am in better mood, still get tired sometimes esp on the day the scale seems to move but not sure if that is in my head or real?

I noticed on the days I am off I eat more Protein and calories and the scale moves 2-3 lbs.....weird!!!!!!!!!

When I am working I work 12 hour shifts and get the protein in but sometimes the calories are low.............scale does not move.

Good luck! Nice to see someone else that I have something in common with!

CONGRATULATIONS on your hard work so far...........I know it is not easy to drink that much and eat what you are supposed to everyday! GOOD JOB!!!!!!!!!!

You are doing fab!!!! 66lbs in in just under 5mths is something to be really proud of. You will find that you can eat a little more... that's ok, just be aware of it and follow the Protein first rule.

Keep doing what you are doing 'cos it sounds like you are right on track.... congrats on a great job so far =]

I think you are doing awesome!!! Make sure you are getting in your Protein and take your Vitamins. :)

Supermom: Thank you so much for your input. It makes me feel a little better with my progress. My hair has also been falling out like crazy and I have been taking Biotin since my second month. I haven't noticed any changes in the Hair loss. I still like you, have hair falling out all over the place.

Maybe I should also increase my Protein intake and incorporate Protein shakes again into my daily meal plans to up my protein intake to more than 70. I believe I have been averaging about 60 grams of protein.

I haven't noticed any problems with my energy levels. I am actually a whole lot more active now and I get up so refreshed in the morning with the exception of course of PMS! Which is also horrible for me because sometimes I get it for weeks!!! It had regulated a bit the first three months but now I've been on it for almost the entire month which sucks! But I am used to this. It's my hormone imbalance. That's why I am ALWAYS on Iron pills. Which brings me to another subject... Constipation (TMI? lol) I haven't been going to the bathroom regularly. There have been weeks where I would go 5 days without going. I know it could be because of the Iron I am taking but I really can't stop taking that. If I go more than 5 days I have to drink something to help it along.

My scale is actually consistant in a way, being that I would randomly lose about 7 pounds but then I would stall up and down near each round number. For example my last weight I was 232. I fluctuate from there up and down 2-3 pounds. Like I would go up to 235 then back down to 230 and up to 232 again and back down to 230 eventually I would drop to 222 in one week and I know the same thing will happen. As it happened in the 260's 250's , 240's and now nearing the 230 mark. In August I noticed I didn't lose a pound but in Sept. I lost 10-12 pounds so far depending on the friendliness of the scale.

Thanks again for your encouragement! And I am glad to see you are doing really well too! :) Keep it up! :)

Coops: Thank you for the support!

sleeve 4 me: Thanks for you support, and my Vitamins are always in my mouth right on schedule! :) I know I have slacked on the protein here and there but I usually get back on track with them. Weekends are especially tough for me to keep my meal plans since I am super busy but during the week i am right on track.

Supermom: Thank you so much for your input. It makes me feel a little better with my progress. My hair has also been falling out like crazy and I have been taking Biotin since my second month. I haven't noticed any changes in the Hair loss. I still like you, have hair falling out all over the place.

Maybe I should also increase my Protein intake and incorporate Protein shakes again into my daily meal plans to up my protein intake to more than 70. I believe I have been averaging about 60 grams of protein.

I haven't noticed any problems with my energy levels. I am actually a whole lot more active now and I get up so refreshed in the morning with the exception of course of PMS! Which is also horrible for me because sometimes I get it for weeks!!! It had regulated a bit the first three months but now I've been on it for almost the entire month which sucks! But I am used to this. It's my hormone imbalance. That's why I am ALWAYS on Iron pills. Which brings me to another subject... Constipation (TMI? lol) I haven't been going to the bathroom regularly. There have been weeks where I would go 5 days without going. I know it could be because of the Iron I am taking but I really can't stop taking that. If I go more than 5 days I have to drink something to help it along.

My scale is actually consistant in a way, being that I would randomly lose about 7 pounds but then I would stall up and down near each round number. For example my last weight I was 232. I fluctuate from there up and down 2-3 pounds. Like I would go up to 235 then back down to 230 and up to 232 again and back down to 230 eventually I would drop to 222 in one week and I know the same thing will happen. As it happened in the 260's 250's , 240's and now nearing the 230 mark. In August I noticed I didn't lose a pound but in Sept. I lost 10-12 pounds so far depending on the friendliness of the scale.

Thanks again for your encouragement! And I am glad to see you are doing really well too! :) Keep it up! :)

Coops: Thank you for the support!

sleeve 4 me: Thanks for you support, and my Vitamins are always in my mouth right on schedule! :) I know I have slacked on the protein here and there but I usually get back on track with them. Weekends are especially tough for me to keep my meal plans since I am super busy but during the week i am right on track.

At some time between 6-8 months you might think about getting some labs done, just to make sure your Vitamins and such are in line. Better to keep up with that earlier than later.

I was missing my morning coffee and so went back to drinking one cup of normal coffee in the morning (with my Vitamins is how I justify it to myself) and all of a sudden the Constipation went away??????????????hummmmm????????killed two birds with one stone!