Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have had a number of friends who have had the sleeve (5 in all) about a year and a half ago. All said when they got between 8 -10 months post op the body just started to add weight even though they were staying in the guidelines. I am at 8 months post op and see the same things. I have gained 6 lbs in the last 6 weeks. I do not snack and log everything I eat and exercise daily and keep my carbs between 60-90 g a day. I have lost 120 lbs and got to within 9 lbs of goal weight before I started to add the weight back. I know I am not taking in the amount of calories to gain. For m weight (165) y maintain weight calories are 2200. Typically I will eat between 1000-1200 calories a day and exercise enough to burn between 500-650 daily. I know to lose a pound of fat if I decrease my calories by 500 calories a day by the end of the week I should be 1 lb down but for the last 6-7 weeks this has not been happening and I have been gaining.

If you look at the numbers I have decreased caloric intake by 1,000 calories a day plus 500 plus calories burned from exercise for a reduction per day of about 1500 calories or 10,000 calories a week so I should have been losing about 3-5 lbs a week.

Had anyone had this happen to them at the 8 plus month post surgery or have you heard about it and if so what do the doctors say and is this something that will go away with more exercise etc. Please help.

I am 8 months post-op and still losing, though slowly. I haven't gained and I'm 8 lbs from my goal of 150 and a 22 BMI. I'd say to be patient and if you still want to lose, keep doing what you're doing. It may be that your body is adjusting and adding muscle due to your workouts which will cause you to hold onto Water. Have you been taking measurements?

I agree with Foxbins, measurements are a much better indicator of body shape than the scales, especially if you are working out on a regular basis.

At 8mths post op I was still losing but very slowly,

What is your Water intake like? Perhaps you could increase that to see if that helps any?

Good luck!

I agree with Foxbins, measurements are a much better indicator of body shape than the scales, especially if you are working out on a regular basis.

At 8mths post op I was still losing but very slowly,

What is your Water intake like? Perhaps you could increase that to see if that helps any?

Good luck!

I don't think Water is an issue - I do drink enough of that - usually about 60-80 oz a day. I could float a boat in the water. I usually try to stop the consumption around 7 pm so I don't get up in the middle of the night. I am trying a few things such as limiting my carb intake to between 60-90 grams a day, eliminating salts and even changing around the kind of exercises I am doing. I keep a really tight reign on my food diary and monitor everything. Yes, on occassion - rarely I have snacked but never enough additional calories to warrent a weight increase I have been experiencing. Also not noticing anything more in my cloths.

I don't think Water is an issue - I do drink enough of that - usually about 60-80 oz a day. I could float a boat in the Water. I usually try to stop the consumption around 7 pm so I don't get up in the middle of the night. I am trying a few things such as limiting my carb intake to between 60-90 grams a day, eliminating salts and even changing around the kind of exercises I am doing. I keep a really tight reign on my food diary and monitor everything. Yes, on occassion - rarely I have snacked but never enough additional calories to warrent a weight increase I have been experiencing. Also not noticing anything more in my cloths.

Hey Maraunders,

sounds like you are ticking all the right boxes there! And to be really honest, I would say you are in a genuine stall and I really understand how bloody frustrating and disheartening that is.

I know this is hard right now, but you wil reap the benefits, My longest stall was 8weeks... and there are some on here that have had longer and then started losing again and reaching goal. Please bear with it and stay positive.

The only other thing I can think of is that you change your exercise routine a little, they say the body gets used to an exercise over time... or perhaps the intensity of your training. What exercise are you doing at the moment... ?

How far away from goal are you? Just throwing this out there... but is your body telling you that it is happy where it is?

Stay strong my friend... *hugs*

I have been on a stall for about 7-8 weeks....I am at 9 months out. I eat about 1200 cals a day, and exercise 4-5 days a week. During that 2 months I gained 4 pounds, and and have been bouncing around there, I am currently 2 pound over my lowest weight. I am about 15 pounds from goal. I figure I am where my body wants me to be, or I will start losing eventually. I guess the third choice is I will gain weight. At 1200 calories, and 5' 9", the charts say I should be losing every week. I guess I will just stay doing what I am doing, maybe up my exercise or change it a bit. I am happy eating what I am, and I look pretty good, but could use a little more fat loss. I'm with you. Frustrating for sure.