Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How is weight loss for people over 50?

DLW - All good advice here from my experiences. I avoid chewy meat, but filet mignon in small bites is perrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect. I don't get the 6 months without red meat. I think there are lots of individaul differences with the eating and doctor's orders. Some people seem to be ok with hamburger Buns, others can't eat any bread. I can eat a little rice, just not a lot. My biggest thing seems to be the bite's size and my chewing. Moist meat is much easier, liquids are easy too, sip don't gulp. I've now had two fills, and still don't feel much restriction. I am really eating a lot less though, so maybe that is my restriction.

green - send over the Italian stallions, I'm worried about the "use it or lose it" situation, my hubby died 6 1/2 years ago, I am worried I've been on the shelf too long!

Have a great weekend!

I've probably done lost it after 5 1/2 years.

There's a new karate place that just opened uptown. Now when I say uptown I really mean uptown because I live in Omaha, TX, pop of less than 1000. After I get back from my July of traveling I'm going to check it out to see if he has something for old ladies to do or if it's all for the young. I figure it would be good exercise and self defense. Besides that I can walk and not use gas. The gas issue was one of the main reasons I quit Curves . I had to drive a ways and 3+ times a week ran into money. Has anyone else tried Karate?

Green, Don't feel bad. Monday, I will be pooping in a cup and taking it to the dr. too. I have had this stomach problem called Hpylori and I think it's back. Since I tested postive for it before, they said a blood test won't work.

I don't think it's that big of a deal.

I've been having trouble since my last fill. It's not like I can't swallow Water or my own spit, like I have heard from others. It's just a lot harder to eat, and I even have to drink very slowly. I hope it loosens a little bit over the next few weeks. I have heard some people say it actually gets tighter after a little bit. If that happens, I am going to be in trouble!

Hello Ladies -

Thanks for the posts. I don't know how sex will be, but I have to feel more confident and attractive than I feel right now. i really enjoyed sex before, so why not now?

Although now I am using estrogen cream every other day for dryness, so we'll see if the parts still work. Give me another year!.......

Good you over 50. Happy Monday. Hope you all had a great weekend. I know I did. I was so lazy. First time in months. I even had the time to read a whole book. I recommend it to all women, Inside My Heart by Robin McGraw. Have a good day.

Sounds like everyone is doing well. I have been on vacation and I have sort of lost my drive for dieting, but today I worked out in the pool and I'm going to call a personal trainer this afternoon. I can no longer put it off. It's back to work. I wish it was still easy to lose the weight, but I guess I'm going to have to work at it to get this last 40 pounds off! Keep posting here. I love everyone's comments.

Hi,

I was banded on August 30,2006 (not yet a year ago) at the age of 57. To date I have lost 102 pounds and feel wonderful. I would do it again, and I was a self pay. Hope you have continued success.

Fran

Wow, Fran, that is awesome. Do you mind me asking how close you are to goal? I'm so impressed and motivated by your loss! Thanks for sharing.

I started at 288.6 and now am at 184. The doctors office said 175 is goal, but I would like to go lower. Thanks and good luck to you.

Fran

Fran - Wow! That is a wonderful weight loss! Are you exercising too? I don't mean to be impertinent, but how is your skin and body shape? I have a hundred pounds to lose too and wonder how I will look afterward. I am curious about your daily eating plan. That is a lot of weight lost in a short time. I admire you.

Best wishes,

HI,

Thank you for your good wishes. I walk as often as I can. I have "wings" on my arms and my thighs are hanging. I look good in clothes but not out of them. Breakfast is a shake and a fruit, lunch is a salad with some Protein, and diner is usually fish, chicken, a salad and vegetables. I munch on cheese (I do not like fat free) and fruit and a lot of Water. It is not easy, but well worth it. I wish you continued success.

Fran

Fran, you're doing great!

Dynamo: Your picture is darling! You're a very pretty lady.

March 5, 2007 Bandster age the big 60. female I have lost 67 lbs to date and just 3 weeks ago got my first fill. What is going on with you?