Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is it worth it?

I haven't been sleeved yet so I'm thinking about workouts I can start doing now and continue to do after being sleeved. I've never done zumba and I'm not a fan of da gym because I feel as though everyone is watching me and talking about me.....anyways I was wondering if I should buy the whole dvd pack and start doing it now or just buy one dvd? Or should I just go to one class and see if I like it?

Has anyone else tried it? How did it go? I used to dance so I dont think it will be to hard to follow.

Thanks

there are a lot of gyms offering this class. you can go to any of them and ask for a free pass to try it. i would try it out first to see if you like it before you buy. i bought something similar to this and used it once...didnt like it and waisted my money. i know you dont like going to the gym but i think it might be worth it to try it for free first.

My experiences with Zumba has varied based on the instructor. Plus, I've been to 3-4 different classes, and there were at least 2 different styles by the different instructors. I'm not a fan of gyms either so I would buy one DVD and try it out at home before venturing out to a class. You can find single DVDs on ebay or Amazon way cheaper than buying them from the direct sellers. I enjoyed Zumba, it's a heck of a workout, and it does work everything. But, the instructor definitely made the class. I didn't like a couple of classes I took because of the instructor and/or the music they chose, but that's just a personal preference.

Just started taking a zumba class. I like it. The instructor is awesome. I didn't feel uncomfortable or like anyone was watching me. Some of the moves were easy some weren't.( at least for me) I know me, if I have DVD's They would gather dust and not get used. So by having to take the class that I have shelled out money for is an insentive to go. Plus it is on my way home from work. Which is another reason for me to be proactive in going to class. I will continue until I reach goal. Between the zumba classes I'm doing the kettlebell work out. More cardio and weights as I near goal. I now have more time to include more activity. For six months straight I had been working six days a week, 65 hours a week. Which didn't leave much time for anything else. Now I will be making the most of the time that I have now to get the weight off. (27 pounds seems like it will take forever) LOL......

:)

Deb

I go to a Zumba class once a week and really enjoy it, but it is true that the class routines are different than the DVDs (my Zumba instructor confirmed this). So, while the class can give you the general flavor for what is on a DVD, don't expect that the routines will be the same at all. I've seen the infomercial for the latest Zumba DVD pack and it does look fun, but also some of the moves are way beyond my skill set (to put it bluntly, I am NOT coordinated!). If you really love to dance and like world music, it's a really fun workout. Tiffykins' suggestion to buy one DVD off eBay is a great idea, before you splurge and pay $50 - $100+ for a DVD set.

I do love the Zumba music, and I will enjoy almost any kind of exercise as long as the music has a good, fast beat and makes me want to boogie. I have downloaded my fave songs from various Zumba albums from itunes onto my ipod and that way I can have Zumba music but do other types of exercising between Zumba classes.

I LOVE ME SOME ZUMBA!!!! It is fast paced, fun and the time goes by so fast. I take classes at my local YMCA 3-5 times a week. I love to dance and once I got the routines down...it was the most enjoyable exercise class I ever took! Different teachers lead different "flavored" classes but they have all been fun. Variety keeps me interested. Zumba has been a major part of my weight loss and I plan to continue as long as I am able!!

Living the dream,

Laurabiggrin.gif