Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am having my sleeve surgery on 09/27 . I want to be prepared for when I get home... Any other ideas on liquids...

I have on my list!

sugar free Popsicles

Water

Crystal Light

chicken and Beef broth

and of course Protein Shakes.< /strong>

Would love some feedback..

Nervous but so ready to say goodbye to this fat!! :)

Did you have to do a preop diet?

You won't want much when you come home.

I'm 11 days post op. This is the diet I did for 2 week prior to surgery and am on for 4 weeks after. It's very limited and boring. I had my first checkup today and was hoping he would move me to 'mushys'. Nope. Blah!

He did give me recipes on mixing the Protein shakes with coffee for a 'latte' type of drink. Also, he suggested flavoring the vanilla Protein drinks with the crystal light or sugar free tang.

Good Luck with the surgery. :-)

I am having my sleeve surgery on 09/27 . I want to be prepared for when I get home... Any other ideas on liquids...

I have on my list!

Sugar Free Popsicles

Water

Crystal Light

chicken and Beef broth

and of course Protein Shakes.

Would love some feedback..

Nervous but so ready to say goodbye to this fat!! :)

Ooooww. You are so close to surgery date. Congratualtions!!!!!

I highly recommend peppermint tea. Calms that gurgling tummy a little. How about some chicken broth, I used istant Lipton very watered down. Good taste after all the sickingly sweet protien. Also, do you have any clear protien, not the frothy/milky shake kind? I had a hard time with the protien shakes after surgery for several weeks.

Next, try to have your liquids at room or slightly warm tempatures. I usually had ice in everything and this made my stomach cramp a little. Also - check out the "office what you will need for surgery" thread. A lot of information to cull through sadly but some of the suggestions are great

Prayers for your speedy recovery. Please keep us posted.

Yes, I have been on a pre-op diet for 2 weeks... Protein shakes and my doc allowed 1 meal a day... Lean meat and non starchy Veg. :)

Did you have to do a preop diet?

You won't want much when you come home.

I'm 11 days post op. This is the diet I did for 2 week prior to surgery and am on for 4 weeks after. It's very limited and boring. I had my first checkup today and was hoping he would move me to 'mushys'. Nope. Blah!

He did give me recipes on mixing the Protein Shakes with coffee for a 'latte' type of drink. Also, he suggested flavoring the vanilla Protein drinks with the crystal light or sugar free tang.

Good Luck with the surgery. :-)

Thank You Iegal!!

Ooooww. You are so close to surgery date. Congratualtions!!!!!

I highly recommend peppermint tea. Calms that gurgling tummy a little. How about some chicken broth, I used istant Lipton very watered down. Good taste after all the sickingly sweet protien. Also, do you have any clear protien, not the frothy/milky shake kind? I had a hard time with the protien shakes after surgery for several weeks.

Next, try to have your liquids at room or slightly warm tempatures. I usually had ice in everything and this made my stomach cramp a little. Also - check out the "office what you will need for surgery" thread. A lot of information to cull through sadly but some of the suggestions are great

Prayers for your speedy recovery. Please keep us posted.

Hi there, I am a fellow 9/27 sleever too!

My doctor only requires a 2 day clear liquid diet before surgery so today is my first day. I have been drinking Isopure Protein in Passion fruit, Sobe lite drinks, unjury chicken Soup and my favorite lime green Jello is a staple.

I am a bit surprised that i am not flipping out as it is a Football Sunday with cool temps out (finally!) and the normal chips and salsa, chili in the crockpot are absent today. Maybe I am really ready...we'll see if this attitude prevails for me by Tuesday morning LOL!

Good Luck Tuesday!

Good luck to you as well... I am nervous but so excited at the same time!

Hi there, I am a fellow 9/27 sleever too!

My doctor only requires a 2 day clear liquid diet before surgery so today is my first day. I have been drinking Isopure Protein in Passion fruit, Sobe lite drinks, unjury chicken Soup and my favorite lime green Jello is a staple.

I am a bit surprised that i am not flipping out as it is a Football Sunday with cool temps out (finally!) and the normal chips and salsa, chili in the crockpot are absent today. Maybe I am really ready...we'll see if this attitude prevails for me by Tuesday morning LOL!

Good Luck Tuesday!

Good luck to all of you pre-ops! I am going in on 9/28! I keep reading about all of those who just had surgery and are drinking Protein Drinks. It's confusing me because my doc said I will be on Clear Liquids for the first two weeks after surgery. Was anyone else told this? Also, how long is the actual procedure? My husband will be sitting in the waiting room anxiously and would like to know for how long. Finally, my doc does not require a pre-op diet but I plan on sticking to liquids for the next two days. Any feedback is appreciated.

I'm a fellow 9/27 sleever too biggrin.gif. My dr. has me on strictly clear liquids for the first week post op, Tinacasa. I was a little surprised too, since I hear of a lot of sleevers drinking Protein Shakes the next day. I've been a little worried about not having any Protein for a week. I'm prepared to not have any energy. As far as the surgery length, I believe my dr. said 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

My only pre-op diet is clear liquids the day before surgery (tomorrow!). It's almost 11 pm and my husband is stopping by the store on the way home from work for one last treat, hehe.

Yes, my doc said the worst part of the surgery is how tired I will feel the first two weeks. Also, I get headaches from artificial sweeteners so I am going to stay away from them, restricting myself even further! Good luck ravenjeh!

Oh my goodness... God bless you because I don't think I could live without splenda!! Good luck to you too!

Yes, my doc said the worst part of the surgery is how tired I will feel the first two weeks. Also, I get headaches from artificial sweeteners so I am going to stay away from them, restricting myself even further! Good luck ravenjeh!