Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seven months and 92 pounds

Had my surgery 7 months ago this morning. I have lost 92 pounds to this point. I am down over 100 pounds from my all time top weight in September of 2010. I started out in size 24 Women's and now I am in size 12 petites. Don't know what size I will be when I get to goal.

I am attaching a picture they snapped of me at my office yesterday. They insist I need a new picture for my ID badge. :P

post-6636-13813657486745_thumb.jpg

That is awesome! Great job.:D

That's amazing!

How have you done it? What do you eat on a typical day? Do you exercise much?

I'm 10 weeks in since surgery, and I am just not having that level of success. I know everyone is different and that I should not balk at the 30 pounds that I have lost so far (including pre-op loss), but getting to a near-100 pound loss just seems impossible to me.

Wow - 92lbs since surgery in 7 months...fantastic! You look great but we need a before photo too, because you look radiant now! ;)

You look great! You must be thrilled!

Had my surgery 7 months ago this morning. I have lost 92 pounds to this point. I am down over 100 pounds from my all time top weight in September of 2010. I started out in size 24 Women's and now I am in size 12 petites. Don't know what size I will be when I get to goal.

I am attaching a picture they snapped of me at my office yesterday. They insist I need a new picture for my ID badge. :P

Fabulous Ms. SK!!! I'm so happy for you, you've done EXCELLENT with your sleeve!!! Hang in there, it just keeps getting better... *hugs*

Awesome! You look great!

You look amazing! Congrats!

Queenmab - here is what I did in the last seven months. I did not do a lot of exercise the first six weeks. At six weeks, I started walking at work. (Huge building – large halls – organized walkers) and using my elliptical. At about 4-5 months, I started doing Zumba class once a week. I haven’t any exercise for the last 6 weeks because I have had a cast on my right foot and ankle. I just got out of it into an ankle stabilizer, so it’s back to walking and the elliptical – but no Zumba for a while. I will start physical therapy on my ankle in another two weeks and will find out when I can start back to Zumba. I am going to start working out with light weights and doing floor exercises (lunges, squats and ab exercises) and am looking to add a spinning class or two a week. From the standpoint of eating – I started out barely able to get 40 grams of Protein in a day. By about 3 weeks into sold foods, I was able to get my 60 grams of Protein a day. (if I'm remembering right) I counted total calories, grams of protein, grams of carbs, grams of fat and ounces of fluids. I was tried to keep the carbs low – usually ranged from 30 – 60 grams per day – but wasn’t as adamant about the carbs as some on the forum. But my carbs primarily came from veggies, a few fruits, cottage cheese, yogurt, and the prepared Protein shakes. I do not eat white carbs – bread, Pasta, potatoes, crackers (except melba toast or flatbread) or cereals.

I measured (still do!) my food – my food scale and measuring cup are my best friend. I kept my calories to around 500 from 6 weeks to about 5 months – then went to about 600. At 6 months I raised it again, and now eat between 600 and 800. I try to get between 60 – 80 grams of protein per day..

For Breakfast, I eat a protein smoothie made in my magic bullet, or drink a Protein shake. Once in a while to vary the monotony I will eat cottage cheese and fruit and may add a little extra protein into the mix. If I make a shake it is with nectar Protein powder – I like the fuzzy navel flavor – which I mix with part of a frozen bananna and frozen strawberries, or the chocolate flavor mixed with a low cal yogurt. For a snack – I might have 2 laughing cow wedges on melba toast, or a baby bell light cheese or an Activia light yogurt.

For lunch – I make tuna salad out of the foil packages of tuna, mixed with 2 T of dill relish and 2 T of lite miracle whip. Or I have 3 ounces of chicken breast or 3 ounces of salmon (again from the foil pouch). I will usually eat a veggie at lunch – either cherry tomatoes, green Beans, sugar snap peas, carrots or cucumbers. For a snack – I will have one of the cheese Snacks from above, or another helping of veggies. Now that I’m eating 80 grams of protein, I might have 15 grams of protein from beef Jerky as a snack.

For dinner – it’s usually 3 ounces of some kind of protein (the choices listed above) or beef or pork or grilled fish or grilled chicken. Sometimes I make an omelet with one egg, 2T of cheese, some sautéed mushrooms, and 1 ounce of protein. I have another serving of veggies with dinner – I love steam squashed or steamed asparagus or fresh sliced tomatoes. Sometimes for lunch or dinner, I go to a Chinese food restaurant or a Mexican food restaurant. If I eat Chinese food – it is chicken and veggies, beef and veggies, or shrimp and veggies. I get 2 to 3 meals from the meal. If I eat Mexican – it is chicken fajitas – no rice, no Beans, no tortillas. Again – 2 to 3 meals from the meal. I also eat the fresh salsa like gazpacho – about ¼ - 1/3 cup. That restaurant also does steamed zucchini as a veggie – and I eat some of it.

If I want a treat in the evening, I have a low cal sugar free pudding or a low cal fudgesicle. I don’t eat sugary or really fatty (fried) foods. I haven't eaten a real "sweet" since the surgery. I think my Calcium chews (like caramels) are a wonderful "treat" when I have them in the morning.

I drink between 60 ounces and 100 ounces of Fluid per day. I don’t drink carbonated beverages or caffeinated beverages. I have sipped a little bit (2 mouthfuls) of alcohol 3 times during the seven months. It goes straight to my head. I don’t plan on having a real drink until I am at goal.

M2G - Here is a picture of me at Christmas. I met with my doctor about January 10th, and started my pre surgery diet on February 9th. My surgery was on February 22nd. The second picture is of me on March 1st - while I was still home recuperating from the surgery.

post-6636-13813657493704_thumb.jpg

post-6636-1381365749391_thumb.jpg

SK you look terrific. Thank you for sharing all of the great tips. I start mushies next week and am so ready...

Congrats on your phenomenal success. I hope to say the same this time next year.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

CONGRATS! You are amazing :)

Lookin good SK!

I haven't had surgery yet so please excuse my question. How much effort do you have to make to eat this way? To my "volume eater" mind & stomach it seems you have eaten 3 ounces of Protein & a little veggie for 7 months. :-) Gulp. On Weight Watchers I felt like I was under Water and

eventually had to come back for air.

Hope my question makes sense. I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around this. I am also on my phone.