Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Fills, But No Results

Guest mikaymo

Congrats on your first fill. I had my firstfill on June 7th with 1.1cc's on liquids for 3 days. Somedays I fell restriction and other days I don't. I have yet to get on the scalesince I had my fill becasue right after wards I started my monthly cycle so I new there wouldnt be much weight loss but I'm getting on the scale tomorrow morning. I'm almost 11 weks post op and have lost 30 pounds. I hope your fill works for you ...

Michelle

I was hoping that I would atleast get 1cc, oh well. It sure is hard going back to liquids again. I've got so much Unjury mix I guess I'll drink it. I should sell it to someone cheaper, than ordering it. It's really good.. What are you gonna do to pass these 3 days off. HA HA . You are also doing a great job.

It's really all a mystery, how this works for different people. I just had my third fill, and my doctor told me at the time that I was at "the razor's edge" and any more fill would be risky. I walked out of there feeling nervous, but ready to handle a fill that was on the border of being too tight.

A week later I feel WIDE OPEN! It's frustrating, and I really wonder what happened to that razor's edge. Sigh... Maybe it will come back. :)

I have the 9.75 cm Inamed band, and I understand it holds something over 4 ccs of Fluid. I don't know how much is in my band now, and I know that even a fraction of a cc can make a big difference.

I asked the doctor if by "the razor's edge" he meant that I could never have another fill. The answer to that question was no, there's always room for more adjustment. What he meant was that at the very moment he did the fill it looked as though the stoma was small enough that going any further could create complications. But as time goes by things will change internally, and there could be room for more Fluid down the line.

My last fill was also very tight at the doctor's office, but three months later the restriction was hardly noticeable. As I say, it's a mystery. :)

Do you still get full some? I will always have a hard time drinking later after a meal. That's my biggest challenge. I guesss it's habit. I was starving last night and I licked on Peanut Butter from a spoon, even though I'm suppose to be on liquids. It really gave me energy and filled me. AND WENT DOWN FINE!!!!!!!!! That should be our next saqying "Went down fine" Ha

Newlapper, the last couple of days it definitely seems like it's been taking more to fill me up. But when I look at it objectively, the amount I'm eating is still just a fraction of what I used to eat, so the band is doing its job, and well.

As far as the weight loss goes, I'm still stalled at this point and have been for about a month. But I know, too, that I haven't been exercising and have been indulging way too much in simple carbs. All of these other factors come into play and they're within my own control when I decide to take control again. So it's definitely NOT the band's fault that I'm not losing weight at the moment. It IS the band's existence, in fact, that is preventing me from gaining. Thank goodness. :)

I find that before yesterday, (FILL) I could snack on carbs (crackers, a few chips, etc) But this tool stops me and before I could eat 1/2 box or a bag I will stop. Mentally, I 'm gonna also let this band work, as well as physically. I need to walk. I really haven't even started! So I agree with you sista.

I happen to like my morning Protein drinks but haven't tried unjury, so what's the opening bid?

I always had a problem with Breakfast in the past. Eating begets eating, so if I had Breakfast, I wouldn't be hungry by lunch, but I'd eat anyway. Once I take my first daily bite of food it triggers the addiction, so I've always hated breakfast.

The Protein shakes are working well as a breakfast alternative for me, and my plan is to stay with a shake for breakfast then 2 meals for life. I put all kinds of stuff in mine and am experimenting with different powders.

I'm Iron deficient and even add raisins now, which are high in Iron. I always keep frozen cherries, strawberries, peaches in the freezer. Some milk, handful of berries and my powder is the answer to my breakfast dilemna... and since we're all human, I may as well share that I have not suffered Constipation like I hear some people do. It's gotta be my daily morning fruit.

Plus I get in 2 of my "5-a-days" that way.

I'm supposed to be on liquids for 3 days, but at the moment I feel like I'll be on liquids a week. Hmmm... wasn't this entire ordeal about weight loss anyway? No problemo!

I am considering having Dr. Lopez Corvala do my sergery,I met with him and his staff ( A referral from Dr. Saldana) and had several of the pre-op visits (nutritionist,psych, x-rays) I want to get other referrals and most importantly check his credentials. how can I do this?