Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

EXCITED AND THANKFUL!!

I am so excited, today I had my final appointment with Dr. Halmi before my surgery on Tuesday, Sept. 27, after the appt., I felt like I was alone in this journey. My husband is okay with me having the surgery, but has his fears about it, so I don't talk to him much about it. I met a lady in the doctors office who had a revision from band to sleeve in July 2011, and she is doing great, down from 200lbs to 172lbs, she was excited and it was so encouraging to talk with her. I also lost 4 lbs, which made me even more excited, and just makes you want to "keep on, keepin on". I have only told a few people (husband, mom, and aunt) about the surgery, because I didn't want to hear everyone's opinion.

Later this morning, my aunt calls me, and says, there is a friend on her job (Washington, DC) that she usually goes to lunch with on Fridays, but the lady could not go today. She told my aunt that she has lost 64lbs, so my aunt asked her what was she doing to lose weight, and she told her that she had the gastric sleeve surgery and was doing well. She asked my aunt if she could call and talk with me, but the highlight is, she is going to the same doctor as me. I am thankful, that I am not alone and their are folks out there willing to travel along the journey with you, which makes me very thankful for this forum, in which, I have learned so much. When I went to the doctor today, I didn't have alot of questions, because most of them had been answered on this forum. Thanks everyone for sharing!!:lol:

I am glad you no longer feel alone. That is not a good feeling.

When I went to the doctor today, I didn't have a lot of questions, because most of them had been answered on this forum.

Same here! I met my surgeon yesterday and he told a tech "she was very knowledgeable throughout the whole appointment". :) When I asked him what bougie size he uses he said "interesting question" & smiled! LOL I think he was surprised and amused I "knew so much".

Best wishes on your surgery Sept. 27th surgery!!!

Glad to see another "sleever" on Sept 27th, it looks like there is quite a few of us that day!

I agree with you about the forum being such a wealth of informtion. It has helped me tremendously in my journey. Good luck next week!

Hello Zoelifechick,

I hope you get this message before your surgery. Isn't it amazing how God puts people in your life to reasure you just when you need it. You met 2 people who have been doing well with the sleeve. I am so excited for you!

I finally got my date. I am getting sleeved at Fair Oaks on 2 November. My original date was the 20th of October at Potomac. But, because I have friends who live close to Fair Oaks, I chose that hospital. I know you are nervous...so am I. I don't think we would be normal if we were not nervous. But ,just keep saying to yourself that this is for a better life, and health. I will be praying for you all day on Tuesday. If you need to talk, just call me anytime.

God Bless,

Turtlegirl49 :)

I am so excited, today I had my final appointment with Dr. Halmi before my surgery on Tuesday, Sept. 27, after the appt., I felt like I was alone in this journey. My husband is okay with me having the surgery, but has his fears about it, so I don't talk to him much about it. I met a lady in the doctors office who had a revision from band to sleeve in July 2011, and she is doing great, down from 200lbs to 172lbs, she was excited and it was so encouraging to talk with her. I also lost 4 lbs, which made me even more excited, and just makes you want to "keep on, keepin on". I have only told a few people (husband, mom, and aunt) about the surgery, because I didn't want to hear everyone's opinion.

Later this morning, my aunt calls me, and says, there is a friend on her job (Washington, DC) that she usually goes to lunch with on Fridays, but the lady could not go today. She told my aunt that she has lost 64lbs, so my aunt asked her what was she doing to lose weight, and she told her that she had the gastric sleeve surgery and was doing well. She asked my aunt if she could call and talk with me, but the highlight is, she is going to the same doctor as me. I am thankful, that I am not alone and their are folks out there willing to travel along the journey with you, which makes me very thankful for this forum, in which, I have learned so much. When I went to the doctor today, I didn't have alot of questions, because most of them had been answered on this forum. Thanks everyone for sharing!!:lol:

Turtlegirl: I am so excited to hear from you!! I have been thinking about you since our last class, praying that you get approval and a date. You have a date, congratulations, so exciting. I am a little nervous, but it hasn't hit me yet. I am excited and glad when the surgery is over, so I can begin a new journey. I started my liquid diet on Sept. 14, this pre-op liquid diet sucks, but I have lost 8lbs so far!:P I have messed up here or there, but mainly stayed on path. I had a food funeral a couple weeks ago, I went to my two favorite restaurants, once I did that, I began changing my way of eating.

Thank you for your prayers and I will call you after surgery and let you know how things went. Blessings to you!!

You seem so excited in your posts that Im super happy for you!

Zoelifechick,

I will be looking forward to hearing from you!

Take care.:P

Turtlegirl: I am so excited to hear from you!! I have been thinking about you since our last class, praying that you get approval and a date. You have a date, congratulations, so exciting. I am a little nervous, but it hasn't hit me yet. I am excited and glad when the surgery is over, so I can begin a new journey. I started my liquid diet on Sept. 14, this pre-op liquid diet sucks, but I have lost 8lbs so far! I have messed up here or there, but mainly stayed on path. I had a food funeral a couple weeks ago, I went to my two favorite restaurants, once I did that, I began changing my way of eating.

Thank you for your prayers and I will call you after surgery and let you know how things went. Blessings to you!!