Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So Monday is my surgery date! I have been waiting what feels like forever for this and i cant believe how quickly it finally did arrive. Im excited but scared. I want to make sure i can handle this change that will come my way. Ive been on liquid diet for about two weeks now and have lost 17lbs. The only thing on my mind right now is not falling behind in school and making sure when i go back to work i can handle it all. As for now wish me the best :)).

I'm so excited for you! Congrats on losing 17 lbs before surgery!!! Yeay for you! I'm struggling a bit with the pre-diet. My surgery is a week after yours.

You're going to do great! I look forward to hearing how you're doing post surgery!

Congrats!

Congratulations on losing 17 LBS! I know what you mean about feeling nervous and excited. My surgery is on Tuesday and unlike you, the liquid diet was a very big challenge for me. Although I've weight it wasn't nearly as much as I expected - LOL (but I'll take it).

I wish you all the best! When you're feeling up to it please let us know how you feel.

Be well,

Niki

Congrats, my surgery is tomorrow as well. I am starting to freak and of course second guessing myself. I was laughing with some of my co-workers here today saying that my husband is probably going to have to drag me to the hospital tomorrow, lol cuz I am so nervous. I am definately going thru with it, just getting there tomorrow is going to be the hardest part. This is something I have to do, I will not back out.

I don't know if I am the only one here who is like this, but I have been obsessed with being skinny my whole life. My brother is obese, my mom was heavy as is her brother and both her parents are obese. I was average growing up, but always battled those pesky 20 pounds. I was really active thank god so I know that is what helped me stay a normal weight. I graduated high school and boom it all came flooding on. When you are overweight, I would always think about the life I would have or could have when I would finally get skinny. Every show or commerical on tv that had women on it I longed to be like them. At night while laying in bed waiting to fall asleep, I would close my eyes and daydream about different scenarios of myself...if I were thin. I would think about the handsome doctor I would meet someday, because I was thin and beautiful, or the awesome outfit I would buy because I was thin and the man I would meet while wearing said outfit, you know?

I can't think of anything else I want more, so while I am freaking already about tomorrow, I am terribly excited about regaining my life.

Good luck and prayers for you tomorrow, I will be looking forward to hearing how it all went and have some support from somone who know's what I am going through. see you on the loser's bench!!

Good luck Vanessa and Suez! We will all be on our way to the losers bench tomorrow!

17lbs! That's awesome! I had to be taken off the liquid diet early so my weight loss stopped :(

I also take college classes and worry about falling behind. I take 2 online classes. They only last 8 weeks and its very easy to get behind. I'm afraid of being in Mexico for 6 days and then being tired after surgery and not getting stuff done. To make it worse I only get one week off work. It will be a challenge that's for sure but I know it will be worth it in the long run.