Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved this morning and am in the hospital now. I have a question regarding pain levels and peaks.

I woke up with only a slight discomfort and seven hours after surgery I just have a slight pain at the very top middle of my abdomen which kinda feels like a gas bubble.

Am I completely drugged to feel so decent? Im a complete WUSS when it comes to pain and when I had my laproscopic hysterectomy in January I was MISERABLE. Am I going to get worse from here?

Truthfully,I am struggling more with shaking off the anesthesia Thani am with any sort of pain. What should I expect over the next couple of days?

Actually the pain wasn't to bad. Do You have a pain pump at this point? I did the first day, and They took it away on day 2. I actually found that the oral pain medication worked better for me

The trick is to stay on top of your pain. Don't let it get excruciating before you ask for medication. Walking helps too. You wont get so stiff. Good luck :)

Truthfully my back pain from lying here is worse than the surgery pain. The surgery pain is more of a constant annoyance.

They gave me a pump with Dilaudid bit I'm not sure it makes a difference. I pushed it eleven times since 1pm yesterday and not in the past five hours

I didnt have any incision pain. I did have some gas pain, walking and gas ex work great, and i had pain in my left abdomin were she cut the muscle. Other than that, it was an easy surgery! Congratulations and good luck!

Now that I am home I am feeling much worse. It just feels like there is a huge brick sitting just under my breasts. I don't even want to drink anything because it hurts so bad. I felt so great this morning too. :/

For me the gas pain in my left shoulder was worse than any of the stomach or incision related pain. I had a real hard time shaking the gas pain & even when it seemed to go away it would resurface in a day or 2. I fought with that for the better part of 2 weeks. The only other issue I have found is that even now I can't lay on my left side as it hurts pretty bad when I do.

That "brick" could be gas pain. Try walking around some, at least up and down the length of the room a few times. That helped my pain, which was all in my shoulders and upper back. I didn't have "pain", more a feeling of being uncomfortably full...and drinking seemed to make that worse for the first couple of days. I just slowed down on the drinking so that I didn't get that feeling.

If walking doesn't help, you may need to call your doctor's office and ask for suggestions. BTW, I found that sitting on my couch or bed was pretty uncomfortable because they were so soft, so I sat in my office chair a lot the first couple of days. For me, that really helped me keep my back straight, which seemed to lessen my discomfort.