Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Physician heal thyself ....

Marc,

I had subscribed to this thread to keep an eye on how you're doing. I just went through the thread and see you haven't been back to post...is everything okay? There is a lot of love and advice and hugs on this thread for you. I hope all is well and that you have either already been banded or are getting ready. Keep us posted!

Marc, I am just seeing this thread for the first time. I believe that you now understand what a wonderful and caring place you have found here.

I hope you are proceeding with surgery and getting ready to lose the weight. This journey is not just a weight loss surgery but since the band is a tool, it forces you to use the tool to be successful. That helps you learn balance too.

I am not in health care but I have frequently worked long, long days, slept a couple of hours and went back to work - for weeks on end. I used to love to exercise before I slept because I had to write it down or I would forget that I even exercised (cuz I was so tired). Looking back, that is a sad state to be in. But even then, I planned vacations. Since I couldn't really get away ffrom it all closeby, I usually left the country. Now, I am getting away from work stress by returning to the US for holiday.

Use this journey to become the person you want to be. One of my best friends (who has worked internationally for years) told me that every time you move or make a major change in your life, you can remake yourself and act like the person you want to be. That includes eating.

Marc, I truly hope you have a safe and successful journey into bandland. It has been the most rewarding and inspiring journey I have taken. Without learning to control my eating, I could not have taken the risks I am today - hey, I'm living in Africa, working as a contractor (no stable employment), and struggling to find band friendly foods but I am on the greatest journey. Keep us updated and God bless. Celeste

Marc,

I am reading this for the first time and I think there are people here in the lapband community who feel the same as you.. at least in different aspects. I lost my Dad 3 years ago to complications from Diabetes and I was diagnosed at age 27 just like he was. I watched him die for 7 years. Losing his sight, losing his ability to walk, losing his kidney function and then finally losing his life. He was only 61. That is when I decided to not follow the path he did.. I decided to close the chapters of my life (divorce, failed relationships etc) and start fresh. I literally did some visualization exercises where I closed the book! lol

This site has helped me so much! In the planning stages, the pre op diet, my surgery and now the weight loss phase. There are so many loving, caring, educated and helpful people on here. I am so glad I found this site!

Regardless of your circumstances, we are all here for you. And I don't know if you are religious or not but I am a christian and I was taught to love everyone! Short, tall, fat, skinny, gay, straight, male, female.

You are making a fantastic first step and my prayers and thoughts are with you!

DonnaMarie ;)

You have expressed exactly how I felt about my life, the desperation and the self loathing. But only after three months being banded I have a new perspective and hope. Oh, sometimes I get depressed, frustrated or unhappy but it's much less than before because the hope is there. Please keep sharing with us as we can all relate, we all have the same heart hurts and the same years of struggling.