Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

dr.paya los angeles

Has any used Dr. Paya in the san Fernando valley? Please post or the california surgical weight loss center in the same area/ Thanks...

I was banded by Dr. Paya on June 9. My HMO paid everything. He is fabulous. The experience was so much easier and less painful than I expected. I haven't had a fill yet, but don't really need one. Since going off liquids I am not hungry and struggle to take in 1000-1200 calories a day. He also has a good support group. If you need any other information, let me know.:eek:

thanks for the post on Dr.Paya..Are you in the sfvalley? I am looking forward to the seminar, my appt and support group. I am somewhat nervous about life afterwards but I know it is the right procedure for me. Has the band been a huge adjustment for you? such as chewing alot, more or less focus on food etc. I guess afterawhile it will become 2nd nature.Which support group do you go to ? the one in west hills or northrige?

Hi Susan,

I'm in the West Hills Support Group, how about you? If you are coming there for the next meeting, let me know and we can meet.

I was very ready for my band. I had counseling with my own therapist who helped me think through my priorities, potential problems, etc. I was sick of food and my weight controlling my life. Dr. Paya's staff, nutritionist and therapist were all wonderful.

I was scared about the surgery, but my fears were unfounded. I had very little pain, discomfort really. The anesthesia wore off with no side effects. I had almost no gas. I had the surgery on a Friday, and was back to work the next Tuesday. I was walking for a half hour every day with rare exceptions within a week. (I just discovered mall walking last night. Sure beats walking in the valley sun!)

The pre-op and first weeks were challenging, so be prepared. I found out later that Whole Foods has single serving samples of Protein drinks. The first few days until my support group, I could barely choke down the one I had bought. Then I got some recommendations and found some good ones. I'd find a tasty one ahead of time if I had to do it over again. Also, until I started eating solids, I was hungry a lot, and I wasn't expecting that. But I had a lot more energy than I expected too. I also hate the taste of liquid prescription meds, chewable vitamis and Calcium. I almost have to hold my nose to get those down.

Now, though, I'm never hungry unless I really miss a meal by a while. I haven't had a problem with the extra chewing, partly because I'm not really that hungry, so I don't have an urge to wolf down the food. A couple of times, I did eat too fast or not chew enough, but I felt it right away so no real problems except the "golf ball" feeling. I cook in the crockpot a lot to make meat super moist (chicken thighs in marinara sauce, turkey in low fat cream of chicken soup), and eat a lot of ground beef and turkey with no problem ( and hooray for Wendy's chili!). I have had a challenge getting enough Water. I'm usually so busy at work I don't think about it enough, and don't want to be running to the restroom all day, then have to make up for that and also add extra calories after work, which is hard. I resort to drinking milk or a Protein shake in some cases to accomplish both. I've lost 30 lbs so far without a fill.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and best of luck!:clap2:

Cathy

This Dr. I thought was a beautiful man is not. He runs when the first sighn of trouble happens. Be afraid he is a wolf in sheeps clothing. Don't forget they always blame the fat person. He has a lot of supporters on here but I am hoping the people he hurt will come share their story too. Find someone else

thoughtidbethin - you are roming around this web site talking smack about Dr. Paya without telling us why. Every post you send never tells us any specifics. I am a patient of Dr. Paya as well as my sister and mom. You are the first person to EVER say negative things about him so SPEAK UP! We want to hear your story. If you can not substantiate your claims then you need to stop posting. Using scare tactics is juvenille.

First off I believe I only told 1 person in a post to think about her decision. You may not know what he is like because you did not have any trouble with him. When I went to him, I loved him. I stuck up for him too. I did have a problem. He does not even give a care. You know why because I ran out of money. I know of many people with problems. Someday you will too. I am not bad mouthing him for no reason.You should grow up and realize people are not always as they seem when it comes to admitting they made mistakes. I will say this, if I can save one person from him I will. If you do not like it, I am sorry. I am very glad you are all OK. God bless you all. I hope you never have to feel the way I do. Good Luck, Tina

Tina, <p>Again, you haven't given us any of the facts about why you feel the way you do. Why don't you want to share your experience so people can judge for themselves whether they want to go to Dr. Paya or not?</p>

Actually you have made 5 posts talking about Dr. Paya. You talk about "other people sharing their stories" - how about yours? You are not credible. I was selfpay as well so I know the problems of running out of money. You started this off of a thread started in 7-06 so not sure what you are looking for in this forum.

thanks for your courage