Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sea food

Hello All

I am a seafood addict! Bacon wrapped scallops, lobster tail, king crab I will take it all. I am a volume eater and could probably consume all the above in one sitting. My question is, with seafood being kinda soft and flaky, how much does it take to fill you up with the sleeve? Examples would be great, like 3 scallops or one lobster tail.

I'm not a huge seafood eater, but when I do eat it, it fills me up just like chicken or other meat does. So I can eat about 5-6 medium shrimp at a go, or 3-4 oz of fish. Ye olde pouch does love it, I must say.

Thanks Swizzly

I can't imagine being full on 6 shrimp! Im kinda giddy about the prospect. And not a seafood eater??? Here I am thinking I liked you :D

Well, only you can decide if you can still like me even after you have found out that I think all shellfish looks like bugs o' the sea. *Shudder* That said, I do love crab as long as I don't have to dissect its entire body (omg no), but I CAN crack the legs and manage that bit. :D

Skinned, de-veined (that's particularly important to me LOL) shrimp = no probs. The kind with eyes, legs, wings, etc. - NO, just NO. :lol:

I, too, am a seafood lover. I buy the biggest scallops and shrimp I can find (Costco). Three of the scallops are about 3 oz, and I find scallops very filling. I also eat 4 jumbo shrimp (the 16-20 to a lb kind) as a meal. I can eat 3 oz of soft fish, like tilapia, but only about 2 oz of salmon or mahi-mahi.

Lobster--about 3 oz. Crab---well, I haven't bought any recently, and I used to eat pounds of it. It might be too much of a trigger food for me even with a sleeve, but I'll give it a try when the season starts again this fall. I only like the King crab.

7 weeks out, I can comfortably eat 1/4 can of tuna as a meal, or 4oz. of fish fillet. Long John Silvers has grilled pollock and Salmon...skip the rice and get veggies instead for around $5. Wahoo's fish tacos rocks my socks. Order the grilled fish child's bowl with brown rice and black Beans and approximately 400 lemon wedges. Yum. I usually ask for a little extra fish and a lot less rice and beans.... no problems there so far. I can't finish either of those items, but my puppy is happy to handle the non-reheatables. I also mash up maybe 3 tablespoons of imitation crab with a fork and add a tsp. or 2 of veganaise. (egg free and just like mayo, try it!) excellent to spread that salad on melba toast or flatbread whole grain crackers. I've heard of tossing shredded cheese into the crab mix, but I'm a purist. My WinCo sells these fresh tiny personal serving ceviche salad things for under $2. Lasts the kid and I a couple days just picking at it. Scallops and shrimp taste funny to me post op. No idea there. My local sushi place knows my sashimi order now. #10 mixed sashimi platter, substitute the snapper with more salmon, hold the rice, slice of avocado, extra ginger. I find it very difficult to cook seafood for myself 3 times a day, I hope that some of the take out tips will help :)

SurrenderDorothy

Thanks for the post. (Veggienaise) never heard of it, but it sounds interesting. Im gonna try some in an imitation crab salad and see if it works. How is it in tuna salad?

I'm not a big seafood eater, but I do love scallops. Living here on the Gulf coast, I've had to acquire a taste for it, but I still won't eat shrimp or lobster (it's a texture thing, I can feel the little segmented body parts in my mouth, and well that skeeves me out). I can't stand the taste of salmon at all regardless of preparation method or flavoring.

I can eat about 4-6oz of Mahi Mahi or Tilapia(grilled or broiled), about 4-5 large scallops. If I chew long enough, and eat slow enough I can, at this point, in the game eat some veggies/rice with those portions. The fish taco thing weirds me out too so I haven't ventured into that arena of seafood.

I have made homemade crab cakes with Pork rinds as a binder, and I really love those little boogers.

tuna salad is a go-to food for me, and the quantity I can consume totally depends on how much greek yogurt I mix with it, and overall general consistency of the tuna salad. Same goes for chicken salad. I find that if I eat it out at restaurants, like Panera bread, I can not eat the same amount as if I make it at home.

Wish I could LIVE on it!!

I can eat 1/2 pound crab legs (about 5 legs and a knuckle) worth...don't know how much meat that actually is, never sticks around long enough to weigh it! lol

4 JUMBO prawns

1/2 can of tuna

about 3 oz of halibut steak

depending on the size, 3 LARGE pan seared scallops

i don't use the veganaise for tuna salad, again with the purist thing. it MUST be mayo, and not that crappy low fat crap. Lots of moderation and calorie/fat counting. Biggest thing with the veganaise is that it isn't white, it's kind of... off white. When mixed with other things, the color can be off putting. I've had almost no tolerance for eggs post op, so I have to cut it where I can :) Good luck!

SeattleSue, I hear you.! If it was economiclly feasible I would live off of scallops, king crab, shrimp and and salmon!

SurrenderDorothy, I totaly understand you on the purist spectrum as Im the same. But I really wanna cut out mayo for awhile. Does the veggienaise taste anything like real mayo?

CT before surgery I could eat whole fried seafood platter which contains fish, oysters, shrimps, stuff crabs, stuff shrimps, hush puppies, and fries.

Now fried food is a no no. But like you, I still love seafood.

Remember only eat what your new stomach can tolerate, lobster, all types of fish, shrimp, crabs, seafood bisque.

Try some good ole seafood gumbo, it has a mixture seafood like crabs, shrimp, okra, and other stuff. Some folks have it

with rice, but that's a personal thing. Fish taco I hear is good, but never tried it.

Grilled seafood, I like grilled catfish, trout or red fish. Lastly please try this one.

Boiled shrimp New Orleans style, with corn on the cob, and potatoes. Hit me up and I will send you

recipe.

Lash