Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded 7/5/06, revised 7/14/06

I think I win the re band due to a slip race! I was banded on 8/2 and had to be re banded on 8/3... the very next day due to a slip. I could not swallow anything at all, Water or ice was sooo painful. I never left the hospital and went right back to surgery. I had a tough 48 hours and a longer recovery but I am now 4 weeks out, have lost 18 pounds and I feel great. If your band slips...you will know!

hello mine wasn't that fast I did well for a few months then pain, vomiting and not even Water went down well.. revised and doing OK but not losing much, need a good kick in the butt

Let me disagree with you on this point.

... If your band slips...you will know!

I know people who were astonished to learn that their bands had slipped. The only thing that they seem to have had in common was "less restriction."

Hi Geezer,

Ditto that statement! I have a pouch dilatation or possible slippage and didnt have a clue.

Babs in TX

334/180 ish

I am just wondering if anyone has ever wanted the band removed from other reasons than medical? I was banded on Thursday and wanted it out on Friday. I have not had any problems eating yet, just freaked out about this thing inside.

dONT WANT TO BE RUDE AT ALL MEANS .. BUT DID U DO THE RESEARCH BEFORE MAKING THE DECITION OF DOING IT?

YOU BE OK . BE POSITIVE .. POSITIVE BRINGS POSITIVE . DONT BE READING EVERYTHING NEGATIVE LOOK INTO THE GOOD THINGS HOW MUCH WEIGHT HAVE YOU LOST .. ? :clap2:

Ptar!

I did the same thing, I think you are just paranoid right now, it will pass

as time goes on, the next day after surgery I wanted it out and could not

figure out why I had it done and then I remembered "TO SAVE MY LIFE"!

So don't give up, it will get better I promise you.

Annie May:girl_hug:

Ptar - I had my band put in just over a week ago. I had a tough time for a few days. The recovery was rough and the reality of the port and band was... odd. As I've been healing it's been getting tons better. I'm still on liquids but am feeling very good and am starting to be friends with the band. Give it some time. It's a huge adjustment.

Think of it this way -npeople have all kinds of things inside them: pacemakers, pins, stints, etc. Right? Try not to worry, just think about the positive outcome! We are all proof positive!

Take care,

Kat.

I am just wondering if anyone has ever wanted the band removed from other reasons than medical? I was banded on Thursday and wanted it out on Friday. I have not had any problems eating yet, just freaked out about this thing inside.