Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone have days where drinking water is really hard?

Yesterday drinking Water was almost impossible. My throat felt very tight and whenever I would try and drink a little water it made me feel sick to my stomach. My stomach just felt sloshy all the time, even with no water. Anybody have odd days like that? Today I am drinking much easier.

bless your heart, yes i understand that feeling. . try a straw and don't have ice cold Water. . . just sip the water in small amounts and see what happens. . good luck. . . and just an FYI, this does pass eventually, I'm 21 months out now and can gulp water like no body's business, only 1/2 a cup at a time mind you but with no problems. . . so there is light at the end of the tunnel

I'm 3 days post op- and I'm having one of those days today. I feel like I'm drowning in here- my stomach is sooo full and sloshy- a few times with out even burping- the Water I drank just rose right back up in to the back of my throat..eww.. but I'm definitely feeling FULL. I took a break from water and forced myself to eat a few Popsicles because I don't want to get dehydrated. Hope you get to feeling better.

Thank you for the comforting words. I am 2 months out and have dealt with the sloshy tummy on and off. I will try the tips! Thanks!

I am also 2 months out and I have those days. Not as many as I did at first, its gotten better the more days go by. I still can't drink ice cold Water very fast.

I am just over 3 months out, and yes, I still have to force myself to get all the liquids in. I think maybe for me it's such a mindset change that I need to constantly have something I'm drinking, as opposed to gulping down 20 oz 3 times a day.......but I'm getting there!

I am just over 3 months out, and yes, I still have to force myself to get all the liquids in. I think maybe for me it's such a mindset change that I need to constantly have something I'm drinking, as opposed to gulping down 20 oz 3 times a day.......but I'm getting there!

When I was on weight watchers.. I gulped my Water at room temp. I could gulp down a 20 oz bottle a couple times a day no problem. Since I am a gulper and not a constant sipper.. its been sooooooooooooooooooooooo hard to change. I am trying but i find it very difficult to get in the habit of constantly sipping something. I will be so glad when I can take bigger drinks and gulp at least some. I am only 5 weeks out.

Thanks to everyone! I hope in time all of our sipping/gulping issues will get better. It is just plain hard the first 3 months and a big adjustment.

I can't drink plain Water. It has to be a Vitamin water, sobe, or crystal light.

I've heard the PH level in Water is hard on our new tummies. I can drink bottled water much easier. I still have to drink it at room temp even though I am past 2 years. Anything really cold is hard for me to drink and hurts.