Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Different Sizes in Clothes

:decision: I will be banded Aug 10 and hopefully will start loosing weight right away, and I am wondering how other banders dealt with the different clothes sizes?

I work and I need some suggestions and I don't think I've seen this addressed here or at least I haven't found the posts yet. Do you just got to Wal-Mart or Target and buy a couple of black pants and a few tops until you go to the next size?

:)

I buy smaller pants but keep the shirts until I really can't wear them anymore. People are used to seeing me in baggy clothing anyway. Just recently I bought several colors of smaller size pants to get me through the summer but I still wear my summer shirts from last year.

I get my 'disposable' clothes from www.roamans.com or kmart, Walmart or anywhere that has my size thats cheep.

Good Luck !!

I'm preband, but my banded friend went to second hand clothes stores and bought whatever she needed in smaller sizes. I am sure she saved a LOT of money that way, and as a school administrator, she needed some pretty semi-dressy clothes.

As a mom at home I can get away with very little. I like jeans and t's.

Good luck, but a couple of pair of pants and a few shirts sounds like a good plan too.

I guess it really depends on how much money you have to play with.

I would wait until you really need them. Your weight span is similar to mine and while I've been very happy with my loss it has been slow and the clothing size drop has been even slower. It's weird: you would think it would be a smooth progression: 2x -> 1x -> 18...BUT here's the trick - a lot of 'regular' clothes don't have elastic waists! I never really thought about how much that affected things. Right now, 18's are really tight, but 1X's are huge. 20's are ok.

It may also be that I had 2 c-sections and have always carried my weight around my waist. So YMMV. Bottom line: don't rush it...

my 2 cents.

I made a mistake by taking a lot of things to get altered. I spend almost $200 and I really only use 3 of the items.

The stretchy travel fabric lasts a long long time and those are also the ones that I got taken in. They work real well. I have mostly just been buying tops. A black and blue pair of jeans. 1 nice black pants 1 black skirt.

Your going to love this....it's so much fun and so wierd to get frustrated about things being to loose!

good luck and welcome

I too haven't been banded yet, but lost about 80lbs 10 years ago. I am 5'6", and find I drop about a size for every 15 lbs I lose. I also found starting out I could skip a size. I started at a size 22, and got away with baggy clothes until I bought size 18's. Those lasted until I lost another 30lbs and bought 14's. Then after the last 20lbs I bought some 10's some 12's.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Nup, I went all out. I bought an entirely new wardrobe for this winter and luckily timing was just so that I made it into normal store sizes as the winter clothes came out in Australia. I had a fair few things that I'd bought "to get into" though. Stuff the cost, and I forced myself to buy things nice and fitted. Most of the basic stuff, long sleeve T's and sweaters and things I think will fit me at goal too anyway and it'll just be the bottom halves I'm replacing.

Jeans are so cheap these days, I just buy a pair I like as I see em and put them away for when they fit.

I'll be buying an entirely new summer wardrobe too as I have NOTHING to fit me.

Its expensive yes, but I try to buy so that lots of it will last. Easier to do because I lost all the weight from my top half first and dont actually think that will change much from now on.

:decision: I will be banded Aug 10 and hopefully will start loosing weight right away, and I am wondering how other banders dealt with the different clothes sizes?

I work and I need some suggestions and I don't think I've seen this addressed here or at least I haven't found the posts yet. Do you just got to Wal-Mart or Target and buy a couple of black pants and a few tops until you go to the next size?

:)

Wal-mart, Target and Ross are among my favorite "Cheaper stuff" stores. I LOVE clothes, so am going to have to work on just having enough that fit at any one time, and not buy a lot along the way.

E-bay can also be a good source, for brands you know. For example, I know my size in Avenue stuff, and have gotten some good deals.