Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sabatoging my preop weight loss!

Am I the only one who has done this? I have to loose ten pounds by August 1st or they will not do my surgery. I have actually stayed the same. Am I sabotaging myself like I did on all those other diets. I start my liquid diet Monday but I'm sure I cannot loose ten pounds in 14 days. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas. I am do disappointed in myself.:cry

Becky, I bet if you can walk for an hour every morning as well as staying on your pre-op liquid diet you can do it. Walking is amazing especially if you go for over 45 minutes and do it in the morning.

Good luck with it, just KNOW that you will be banded.

Devana

Wait A Min... YOU CAN DO THIS..... YOU HAVE TO DO THIS!!!! it is NOT an option if you want the band. Do you want it????? That is the question YOU have to ask your self every morning for 14 days you are on liquid. Ask your self this Before your feet hit the floor. Make up your mind that you ARE going to do this. You need to take it on day at a time. Don't think of it as 14 days of liquid, think of it as 1 day of liquid that you have to do 14 times..

This is 14 days that will begin the rest of your life. You can do this! You have all of us to get you through this. You can lose the weight if you add a little walking with your diet.. good luck and keep us informed....

You guys are so right. I have done diets and stuck to them longer than two weeks. I think I'm just feeling sorry for myself. I'm not even going to wait until my liquid diet starts on monday, I'm going to sign off and take my big butt on a walk right now. I worked so hard just to get the "surgery date". Reading through my original post made me feel a little pathetic. Sheesh....I'm gonna make the decision to do the right thing. After all, it is up to me and no one else. Thanks girls and I will keep you posted.

Becky,

Unlike some of the others, I have a different opinion.

Yes, I do believe you can do it. But if we could "do it" - we wouldn't need to get a band. We'd be able to do it. I know I couldn't do it. I had a hard time doing the pre-op diet. I'm having a hard time now, having the band for 3+ weeks I struggle every day - and hate myself for letting food win over what I always think I want, which is not to be fat.

I walk my dog 3 times a day, and have for 2 years now, but that didn't seem to make much of a difference in my weight, but it did help my breathing, and overall strength.

Honestly, if I could have done this by will power, or won't power, I wouldn't have put myself thru any of this.

I yell at myself, so - you're not alone in how you feel about it.

I hope you'll "get it" that you're going to "do it" and that it will work for you. We all know you can, now you have to decide - you will!

Best of luck!

Uhmmm, not to recommend anything unhealthy or anything... but a good colon cleanse would help get a few pounds out...

You can do it! I did a pre-op diet rec. by my doc for 2 weeks prior to my surgery and I lost 17 lbs! So, it can be done!!!!

Well, I use Super Colon Cleanse by Health Plus they have it on sale at Vitamin Shoppe stores and online. You can also check out healthplus.com.

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=HQ-1003

Or for powder:

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=HQ-1007

I use the full dose when I know I am going to be home the next morning (and I use the powder not the capsules, just mix it with Water hold my breath and down it. It has a peppermint flavor.), and I use just a little each day to keep me regular. But I promise if you take it at lunch on Friday, and then again at dinner, by Monday you will be lighter. And I usually feel better too.

Good luck!