Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Big momentary scare!

I had some intestinal distress earlier, what my son calls a "hot tummy", and went tearing into the bathroom. When I stood up to flush, YIKES, the Water in the toilet was an amazing blood red! I had a few moments of internal panic when I remembered that I had gone over to my band buddy Jane's place last night and we removed each other's stitches. While there she served me a big wineglass full of freshly made beet juice (with a few other veggies to improve the flavour). Heart, stop beating so fast.

Yup, that's a good blend. Also, if I'm feeling really extravagant I'll add a little apple. Yum.

HAHA this reminds me of when I was a lil girl 11 yrs old we had just had the "Changes in life" video in school.

I ate so many beets that when I went to the restroom and got up the Water was all red like you were talking about, I ran thru the house screaming OMG I started my period I'm bleeding I'm bleeding!

My grand mother ran in the restroom to look and and laughed so hard she cried! She told everyone how funny it was when I thought the bogyman had got me!...

Anyhow I was embarrassed but still it was too funny not to laugh.

HAHA this reminds me of when I was a lil girl 11 yrs old we had just had the "Changes in life" video in school.

I ate so many beets that when I went to the restroom and got up the Water was all red like you were talking about, I ran thru the house screaming OMG I started my period I'm bleeding I'm bleeding!

My grand mother ran in the restroom to look and and laughed so hard she cried! She told everyone how funny it was when I thought the bogyman had got me!...

Anyhow I was embarrassed but still it was too funny not to laugh.

This cracks me up!! :funnypost:

Hehehe, Doug rushed himself to emergency once from work, worried that his kidneys were about to pack it up, the culprit- beetroot sandwiches, he'd eaten every day for a week.

When I was about 8 I went to an ice cream shop and got BLUE superman ice cream.....I thought for sure I was dying.....when everything in the toilet was blue.....I've never seen my mom laugh so hard!

Before I was born my parents were driving through the desert once... car broke down. It took like 6 hours for a tow truck to get there and mom had been giving all the water/ice in the cooler to the dogs to keep them from overheating. The tow truck dropped them off at a hotel and the first thing they did was start chugging drinks. Then dad decided a cold shower would be the perfect thing to cool him down so he got under the Water, got light-headed, and started puking blood. Or so he thought, and freaked out for about 5 minutes until he remembered that he had just been chugging red cream soda.

You know, looking back -- they're both quite lucky they didn't have strokes.

When my son turned 3 we bought him a cake that had a football theme. Green and blue frosting all over it. The next day EVERYONE, in as tasteful a manner as possible, were exclaiming that the color of everyone's bm's were VERY surprising the next day. Until Emily came running into the room crying, and yelling that she had just pooped play-dough. She was mortified. I think it took me about 3 minutes to stop laughing.

I used to be a day care provider and had a todler as fair as they come. My neighbors had grape vines and i took some of the grapes and made juice for the kids. They loved it of course. The next day when I changed the diaper on my fair haired boy his butt was black and blue and I was sure his single parent father had finally lost it. When he came to pick up the child we spent a couple very uncomfortable minutes talking to each other because he was sure i had beat him! His butt stayed purple for almost a week! No more grape juice! ( my own daughter turned out not to like the juice and gave it to the fair haired one to drink!)