Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Favorite protein powders?

Hey y'all

I see that most drink lots of Protein shakes. I was wondering what your favorite brands/flavors are? Also where are they available? Soon I'll be going on a shopping trip before beginning the liquid phase and I want to know what to look for.

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to pass on some info with my fellow bandsters. I have been struggling trying to get my necessary Protein needed for my diet since I have had the band May 2005. I'm not sure if anyone else has the same problem that I do, but I've been trying everything out there in the Vitamin stores. Nothing seems to taste half way decent. Well recently I was at the gym working out & a lady next to me was drinking this ready to drink protein drink called XS. I asked her how it tasted (of course) and how many grams of protein was in it. She said it tasted good & it has 35 grams of protein. I asked where she got it and she gave me the website of where to get it. She also said she would bring me in one the following day to try before I went online to order. The next day I tried it and really was impressed with the taste of it. I went online that night and ordered some along with some energy drinks that the same company sells. I received them quickly and tried the energy drinks that has zero carbs & sugar and loved the taste of them as well. I know how frustating it can be when trying new drink supplements, I have a huge cupboard of things I tried once after buying & never used them again. Here is the website if anyone is interested: http://cneedhamer.qhealthzone.com/

Take Care Everyone!

Have 60 lbs to go!

Cindy

Personally, I use unjury whenever I need a little extra Protein. But, I've been out for a little while now. I also use SF Carnation instant breakfast. It's easily accessable and makes a great shake when mixed with ice, skim milk and a scoop of Unjury. I even get creative and put fruit or Peanut Butter with them when I'm doin' shakes. I've also tried Boost and Boost Breeze (a fruity flavored drink). I'd stay away from the Boost PLUS, it has a funny after taste.

But, if I were startin' over for some reason I think I'd try some of the products on http://www.bariatriceating.com Susan Maria is one of the nicest ladies I've met. Her book is great and the recipes in it are wonderful. She personally tests each and every product she puts on that site and wouldn't endorse the product if she felt it didn't meet her standards of quality and flavor. That's not to say Unjury isn't great because it is. I'd just try some of the others out. Like those little Protein Shots. They're expensive, but they're packed with Protein and I hear they're good.

Fortunately, this stage is only temporary but if you're prepared and creative it isn't such a torture.

What flavor did you try of the Protein drinks? Were they the ready to drink or the powder, thank you for any help!!

Hello,

I have tried the chocolate carmel, & vanilla flavors in the ready to drink cans. They do carry a powder type as well, but haven't tried it. I prefer the ready to drink versions, it's easier to take with you to work for lunch or afternoon snack. I also tried a non-carbonated energy drink from the same company that tastes great. Tea-Berry Blast. I drink them before working out. It has only 1 carb & 0 sugar and lots of B Vitamin.

Hope this helps.

Cindy