Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone I am very concerned ab my pre-op diet. im on it for two weeks and I have cheated twice. on the first night I had a sandwich and chips and on the thrid night of my diet I had two cheese sticks i am on my thrid day of the two week diet and im wondering if this will effect my liver from shrinking. im supposed to be on shakes only but it is honestly VERY HARD! helpp i need you input please and thank you! :)

Diamond.

Hi Diamond;

I have been there and done that torture 2 week liquid only diet. Hated every minute and I suffered so much. But I was totally comitted to making the sleeve work for me. Now, understand I was a complete failure as so many diets. WW, JC, every diet advertised on TV, gym memberships, special meals delivered home, shady diet drugs and so many other pathetic attempts to control my weight. Oh I lost weight only to regain. Sure your story is similar, right?

Preop diet has two purposes and it is mandatory that you follow diet without any further cheating, okay? First - you diet to shrink liver so surgeon can safely access your stomach. Second - diet is so you learn to follow post op liquid diet. After surgery if you cheat you can damage your healing stomach, even possibly getting a leak.

Buck up and put your big girl panties on. Dig deep inside of your self to find out - How badly do you want surgery? How badly do you want to lose the weight? Get up and mark off one day at a time. Today you will not cheat...not one bite. Yes you will be hungry, cranky, tired, miserable. You are an addict to food and now is the time to gain back a small portion of control. Show your self you are the boss and in charge over that soon to be gone stomach. Get some beef Jerky (no more than 1 oz a day) and chew on it as your reward for making it through the day. This road to surgery is long, solitary and never easy. But you are a winner, you are strong, you want surgery more than you want anything else. Remember...

YOU CAN DO THIS. Yes, you can do this.

Hugs.

Hi Diamond;

I have been there and done that torture 2 week liquid only diet. Hated every minute and I suffered so much. But I was totally comitted to making the sleeve work for me. Now, understand I was a complete failure as so many diets. WW, JC, every diet advertised on TV, gym memberships, special meals delivered home, shady diet drugs and so many other pathetic attempts to control my weight. Oh I lost weight only to regain. Sure your story is similar, right?

Preop diet has two purposes and it is mandatory that you follow diet without any further cheating, okay? First - you diet to shrink liver so surgeon can safely access your stomach. Second - diet is so you learn to follow post op liquid diet. After surgery if you cheat you can damage your healing stomach, even possibly getting a leak.

Buck up and put your big girl panties on. Dig deep inside of your self to find out - How badly do you want surgery? How badly do you want to lose the weight? Get up and mark off one day at a time. Today you will not cheat...not one bite. Yes you will be hungry, cranky, tired, miserable. You are an addict to food and now is the time to gain back a small portion of control. Show your self you are the boss and in charge over that soon to be gone stomach. Get some beef Jerky (no more than 1 oz a day) and chew on it as your reward for making it through the day. This road to surgery is long, solitary and never easy. But you are a winner, you are strong, you want surgery more than you want anything else. Remember...

YOU CAN DO THIS. Yes, you can do this.

Hugs.

This replay was probably the most helpful advise I have read in a very long time. I have been in the weight loss rollercoaster for all of my adult life, and on the WLS journey for about 10 months, and I expect to have my sleeve within the next month= just waiting final insurance OK.. Really appreciate your words!

I'm on day 7 of my two week preop liquid diet. It's killing me. I haven't broke but I am so hungry that I exhusted and sick.

I understand that the diet is to shrink your liver and teach Portion Control but this is basically starvation.

I've read that other's were instructed to do low carb or low fat diets. A friend of mine only had to do two days of liquid.

Why no consistence?

This liquid diet makes me long for the Atkins days....

My paperwork says liquid, but my doctor said he doesn't care what you eat as long as you stay under 800 total calories. So today I had a shake for Breakfast, three steak strips for lunch, and salmon and veggies for dinner and ended at 780.

All liquid would be hard.