Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Welcome me to the loser's bench!

I was sleeved on Thursday! My first night in the hospital was pretty rough. I thought I'd be able to handle the pain a little better, but I guess I'm a lot wimpier than some of you guys! lol But I feel exponentially better each day I wake up and it's so encouraging. I have had NO regrets and I am already so glad that I've done it. My mom is here taking care of me (she actually had RNY a few years ago) and she was eating my favorite pizza right in front of me and feeling pretty guilty about it, but it didn't bother me one bit. I'm simply not hungry and I'm totally satisfied with my juice and yummy homemade broth. My belly is still pretty sore but I'm feeling great and I'm up and moving around quite a bit. I feel so lucky to have been given this opportunity to get healthy. A big thanks to everyone on here. Your stories gave me the encouragement I needed to get through all the doubt and fear.

I was sleeved on Thursday! My first night in the hospital was pretty rough. I thought I'd be able to handle the pain a little better, but I guess I'm a lot wimpier than some of you guys! lol But I feel exponentially better each day I wake up and it's so encouraging. I have had NO regrets and I am already so glad that I've done it. My mom is here taking care of me (she actually had RNY a few years ago) and she was eating my favorite pizza right in front of me and feeling pretty guilty about it, but it didn't bother me one bit. I'm simply not hungry and I'm totally satisfied with my juice and yummy homemade broth. My belly is still pretty sore but I'm feeling great and I'm up and moving around quite a bit. I feel so lucky to have been given this opportunity to get healthy. A big thanks to everyone on here. Your stories gave me the encouragement I needed to get through all the doubt and fear.

Hey,

Congratulation and welcome to our world :D :D . You are going to be just fine. You have a GREAT attitude. Just remember the 1st 10 days of the Clear liquids if that is what you are doing is the hardest. Actually the 1st 30 days was my hardest.B) It just keeps getting better each day. I am always out here if you have questions or need something. :) I had a sleeve 3 years ago, and like you have NO regrets at ALL.

Hugs,

Suzanne

Congrats and glad all went well! Keep up that positive attitude, the liquids and purees can get a little monotonous but just keep telling yourself that it's only for a short time. :)

Congrats and welcome! (though I only beat you to the losers bench by one day!). I had a miserable first night also, so much pain from the gas that I couldn't sleep, even with morphine added to my already-administered codeine. So you aren't the only wimp! Still, they let me go after one night and I've done much better at home than in the hospital, much easier to sleep!

I'll definitely look forward to hearing of your progress, since we are only one day apart. Good luck!

Congrats and welcome! (though I only beat you to the losers bench by one day!). I had a miserable first night also, so much pain from the gas that I couldn't sleep, even with morphine added to my already-administered codeine. So you aren't the only wimp! Still, they let me go after one night and I've done much better at home than in the hospital, much easier to sleep!

I'll definitely look forward to hearing of your progress, since we are only one day apart. Good luck!

Hi Everyone,

Didn't anyone tell any of you about using GAS-X. You can get the thin strips that just melt on your tounge and it REALLY helps get rid of the gas pain?

Suzanne

Congrats. I was sleeved on Thursday also. I was also in alot of pain but later found out i had lots of internal inflamation. They gave me a med for it and wow i went from a 10 to a 4 in pain. how much Fluid and Protein are you taking in right now. i am just siping all day long. I am not hungry and have no cravings at this time. i sure hope it stays.

Yeah, I had some Gas-X. I couldn't find the strips, but I had some chewable. My mom was staying with me and she wasn't sure I should take something that the nurses didn't give to me, but since they're only response to my gas pain was to tell me to walk, I ended up taking one, then another a few hours later. I'm not sure it helped much. I don't know if I just didn't take enough, or if the strips work better than the chewable, or if I just had really stubborn pain, but it didn't seem to help much.

Hi Everyone,

Didn't anyone tell any of you about using GAS-X. You can get the thin strips that just melt on your tounge and it REALLY helps get rid of the gas pain?

Suzanne

My gas pain was the worst that first night in the hospital. I did take some Gas-X strips with me but when I asked the nurse if I could take them she said no. I figured it was probably because I wasn't allowed to sip on anything at that point. I was only allowed to swab my mouth with a sponge that first day, and wasn't allowed to drink any Water until about 24 hours after surgery. By that time the gas was manageable and walking really did help so I haven't taken any yet.