Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hi all,rolleyes.gif

I am now 6 months post op and have been stuck at the same weight now for about a month, i have had a couple of pounds loss then its gone back on, i am getting a little desperate here now

sad.gif, things have been going so well up to this point, i never had any complications after the surgery, can get plenty of liquids down and hardly any trouble eating, it has been really great, i have lost about 80lbs so far, which i feel so pleased about, i know i was going to hit a stall at some point but next week i am going to the dietician and i feel that she will be really disappointed that i haven't lost much since i last saw her, i don't really know what to do, should i cancel my appoint and hope that i have lost some weight by the time i get another appointment or should i just go and accept this is all i have been able to so far.

thanks for listening

viv

I am almost 6 months out and having the exact same problem. I have regained 2 ibs also and I just can't seem to get the scale to move again. I wouldn't cancel my NUT appt if I were you. She may be able to provide some insight and tips to get the weight loss moving again. Please post her thoughts here after your appt. I would appreciate the sharing!

I agree we Janae, U shouldnt cancel, and I am sure ur NUT wont be disappointed 80 LBS in 6 month is such a huge achievement and you shouldnt be affected by anyone who would told u that u are disappointed.

Stalls are really disappointing but keep ur chin up, and go to your appointment to gain more info about this new stage of ur life where u are 80 lbs lighter:)

Come back as Janae said and let us know, I am experiencing a stall myself right now its been 40 days since I lost anything and I keep bouncing up and down the same 3-4 pounds, I am 4 month 14 days out and also lost 47 pounds to date. SO I think I will be so curious to know what u will NUT will say to shake things up and break this stall.

Best of luck :))

Also six months out, also bouncing around the same weight for about six weeks now. I figure it's a plateau and things will move again soon. We will keep losing, it may just be slower than it was! And there are always times when your body just needs some time to adjust and gear up again or something. That's how it seems to be for me anyhow.

Good luck!! :)

Are you still tracking what you are eating? From what I've read on this site, some of the other posters have said that they hit stalls and they weren't tracking. Starting to track again and keeping the carbs low enough has helped to get them back on track.

Thanks everyone, i was in a panic but i am feeling better, i am going to keep my appointment and just see what happens, i will let you know how i get onrolleyes.gif

viv