Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WHY??NEED ENCOURAGMENT

Hello all my sleevers. Just feeling a bunch of feelings lately.. Im currently almost 9 weeks post op. Love my sleeve! Sleeved June 27th 2011. My heaviest in Dec. Was 309lbs : ( im 5' 7) i lost 33 lbs pre- op and have lost 30lbs post-op.

My concern is WHY OH WHY AM I TESTING THE WATERS ( DEVIL's FOOD) here and there?? I have 3 kids currently stay at home mom. Im taking little bites here and there of what my family is eating. Im sooo mad at myself. I dont want that sh. T !! It got me FAT... MY MIND IS PLAYING BIG TIME TRICKS ON ME.. once a month support group is not enough for me right now!! I guess I figured the whole family would change w/ me? YEAH

RIGHT.. Cant blame them?! Its me RIGHT.. Sorry just ranting ooooonnnn! I just need to regroup.. Excercise MORE, find other things to do... food is not on my to do list anymore.. Thanks for reading and sharing any thoughts.

Thx

You are being too hard on yourself. You are aloud a few treats here and there ( a few times a week?) This is life, and just because you are sleeved does not mean you can NEVER try a bite of cake. So save the treats for special times and focus on the healthy for the most part. You can do this!

I understand what you are going through. I did not realize how much snacking goes on at work. Just be strong. I know that is easier said than done. If you need to talk I am email away.

Connie

You are being too hard on yourself. You are aloud a few treats here and there ( a few times a week?) This is life, and just because you are sleeved does not mean you can NEVER try a bite of cake. So save the treats for special times and focus on the healthy for the most part. You can do this!

Ditto...the sleeve doesn't mean we never get to eat favorite foods again. Just be careful during the early stage of losing. I have never denied myself chocolate, but now it is one Dove chocolate every 2 to 3 days instead of every 2 to 3 hours. Give yourself some leeway and enjoy the trip...Kathe

Great advice, I know I need a chocolate every few days which helps me not pick. If I see I am snacking more maybe around TOM I make sure to have ready Protein Snacks which also helps. Also I did find I snacked more early on then I do now. We just have to learn to make a conscious effort to know what we are eating and why. Easier said than done I know but you will be okay and give yourself a break your doing great with your weight loss.

Oh hon, you sound just like me. I have 3 kids at home and I'm a SAHM right now too. Sure the rest of the family has stuff that I don't need to eat (neither do they for that matter!) but I figure that I'm going to around stuff like that the rest of my life. If I don't learn how to deal it with it now when I have this great tool, then I will be in trouble later when my restriction is not so much.

We used to have desert almost every night. I have cut that down to once or twice a week and they are OK with that. Now it's something like angel food cake and strawberries or a bowl of homemade ice cream (I eat Eggface's Protein ice cream). DH asked a lot in the beginning "What's for desert?" And i said fruit. He got the idea. The kids get treats sometimes like candy but they usually get it from someone other than me (grandparents, Dad) when I'm not around.

This week was DH's birthday and I made him a box cake and bought some ice cream. They all had cake and ice cream and I had a bite of cake and licked the ice cream spoon. It tasted too sweet to me. I think the biggest reason I'm not tempted by the crap is because I'm working on making my meals really good. I'm buying stuff I like (shrimp, crab, the most expensive best-tasting Protein powder (Syntrax LOL!), and other things that keep me from feeling deprived. I decided that if I eat such a small amount I can afford to buy good stuff and not fill up on crap thinking it was being frugal!

So treat yourself to something that you feel is a little decadent but still healthy. If you still want the junk then take one bite and ask yourself if it's worth it. Count the calories and decide if you'd rather have a few shrimp (or your favorite protein) or if you really want the junk. As long as you decide on the good stuff 90% of the time you're fine. Good luck!

When I am at a special event, I allow myself one bite of something sweet. Yesterday I was at a bridal shower and had a single bite of strawberry cupcake. It was sooooo sweet, but I liked it. Funny thing is, I had no desire for more than the one bite. I have also had one bite of cheesecake and one bite of smores in the last month. And the biggest surprise of all.......I CAN eat only one potato chip with sour cream dip!!!!! As long as I allow myself the bite here and there, I am thinking I am not feeling totally deprived and messing up my head. So far, its working for me.

It was never the cake or ice cream...It was the AMOUNT of cake or ice cream.

I am sorry that you are having such a hard time, but really, don't be so hard on yourself. You are human and the sad thing is that we have to eat!! That is what makes this so dang hard!! The good thing is a nibble or two will not make you heavy!! That is what is so great about the sleeve. YOu can have a cookie if you want one and will not get fat! Before, I would eat 10 cookies!! :( Can't do that now!!

I am scared of getting sick from sugar, therefore, I don't go near it!! I do have sugar-free Russel Stover candy in case I should need it. I have only eaten one p.butter cup since my surgery May 9th and that was just this weekend. It was really good and could not tell it was sugar free. I suggest getting some and keeping them around for the times you NEED somthing. That way, you can have one and not feel bad about it.

Hugs,

Kelly ;)