Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op day 2...feeling pretty rough! Any advice is appreciated!

I put a package of splenda in my Isopure and that helped some. Of course, I'm a bit of a splenda junkie, so it may have been that too. The first 3 weeks were REALLY hard for me. I had horrible pain in my left side, and it was days before I could even get up off of the bed on my own. I went back to my surgeon on day 4 to have my drain removed and barely made it from the parking garage to the elevator! My boyfriend thought he was going to have to carry me back out of the building! But, I'm 6 weeks post op now, and amazed!!!! I've lost 55 pounds (18 were pre op) and am down from a size 24/26 to an 18/20. I can't believe it happened so fast. I've not been sick at all, and my left side pain finally went away by the end of my 3rd week. Everyone has said it get's better, and it really does! Wishing you the best of luck!

WOW! Sounds like you did have it rough! I didn't have a drain, and I am able to get up on my own now. I was sleeved the 24th. Congrats on your weight loss, that is amazing! I hope to do as well as you are doing!!

laladotdot, that is great, i am so glad that you are getting better! keep up the good work. good job getten up and walking around! you will be a loser in no time :)

lol take care!

wondering one is right. you just need to stay hydrated. dont worry about the Protein for now. after a few days when you are feeling better then try a little at a time. it will get easier....keep up the walking walking walking. it helps sooooo much. the medicine cup is a great thing to use for sipping all of your required liquids. if you make sure to sip one of those down every 10 minutes while you are awake then after you have done that all day you have drank 1 gallon of liquids. good luck to you on a fast and safe recovery!

I agree. I was sleeved on 8/25 (last Thurs.) and my surgeon told me not even to THINK about food for a while. His words were "drink and walk" "drink and walk." Right now it's all I can do to keep my pain at a manageable level and get all my fluids in. My doctor just told me to listen to my body, and that when I was feeling pretty normal and could get my fluids down without problems, then I should start in on regular foods/protein. I'm glad to know there are other people who are feeling pretty rough, but I know we can stick it out together and see the benefits in the end!! :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches