Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A newbie who wants to be stapled thin.

Hi, I am mid way through the process. I am from Napa and I am going to the Kaiser in South San Francisco. I am 62 years old and weight 221. i am 5 ft 5 " I would like to lose 70 lbs.

I am very interested in talking to folks who have had the gastric sleeve surgery. I have been thinking about doing this for the past 4 1/2 years. I am ready now. I have never done this online chat thing so this should be a fun and super helpful. thank you in advance for any info, advice, warnings you can give me.

Blessings,

Stapled Thin.

Good luck to you on your journey! There are tons of great resources and "veterans" on this site, so do a lot of reading. :)

Ditto Indymom. My only question is why did you wait so long? Get yourself on the loser's bench as quickly as you can.

Kathe

Ditto Indymom. My only question is why did you wait so long? Get yourself on the loser's bench as quickly as you can.

Kathe

Why I waited so long is because 4 years ago I looked into it and went through the process and then chickened out. Now I started again in July and hopefully will be having a date before the end of the year. I heard that they sometimes want you to lose 10% of your weight? Or is it different with every person and of course Dr? Thanks for being so welcoming.

Staple me Thin

Why I waited so long is because 4 years ago I looked into it and went through the process and then chickened out. Now I started again in July and hopefully will be having a date before the end of the year. I heard that they sometimes want you to lose 10% of your weight? Or is it different with every person and of course Dr? Thanks for being so welcoming.

Staple me Thin

I'm sure you know there are no staples like in the old days. That bothersome old tummy will be a thing of the past. :D

Depends on the program and how much you need to lose. Mine required steady loss from the time you started the program until surgery. Trust me, it was why a lot of people sprinted to their surgery day. If it was only 2 pounds a month, they were okay. But absolutely no gaining. They cancelled on more than one person in my support group. The only thing my program absolutely required was full compliance to the pre-surgery diet, which for most is a 10 day liquid fast. And for me it wasn't too bad because I knew it would get me safely to the other side. And about 5 months out now, I'm pretty happy to be sleeved. There are hard days and hard times. But the good is far more than the bad. Go for it!