Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Doctor "C" Question

Dr C,

I have the syndrome where I can never eat Breakfast and barely get coffee or warm tea down. I do Soup for lunch and then by dinner maybe I can get something solid down if I do some warm broth first. Is this common? I hear it is---- but my fellow bandsters that I email with daily sure don't have it. I do occasionally see a post where a bandster will say they basically eat just dinner.

If Dr. Malley removes some of the fill then I am too "open" and can overeat in the evening.

Will I have to deal with this until I get my weight off? I look at food diaries out here and think................man,,,,,I would love to eat Breakfast. Then I tell myself oh you really don't miss it that much except on the weekend.

Does it affect us if we really can't eat all day and just do dinner?:eek: I was tired post banding and then lost 25 or so and got some energy and now I am getting a little lethargic again. Could this be why? What % of your patients have this syndrome.

Thanks in advance for answering my question and all you do for ALL of us bandsters.

KC bandster

Kay

As long as you are getting in your daily Protein needs, it's not a problem. Although if you were my patient I might take out just a few drops as it sounds like you might be a little too tight even in the evenings. You're right, it is pretty common.

Dr. C

Cincinnati, Ohio

www.TheBandDoctor.com 877.442.BAND

DISCLAIMER: I am not your surgeon, any comments made by me are not meant to be taken as medical advice, just general guidelines. Contact your surgeon about your specific problem!

Dr C,

I have the syndrome where I can never eat breakfast and barely get coffee or warm tea down. I do Soup for lunch and then by dinner maybe I can get something solid down if I do some warm broth first. Is this common? I hear it is---- but my fellow bandsters that I email with daily sure don't have it. I do occasionally see a post where a bandster will say they basically eat just dinner.

If Dr. Malley removes some of the fill then I am too "open" and can overeat in the evening.

Will I have to deal with this until I get my weight off? I look at food diaries out here and think................man,,,,,I would love to eat breakfast. Then I tell myself oh you really don't miss it that much except on the weekend.

Does it affect us if we really can't eat all day and just do dinner?:eek: I was tired post banding and then lost 25 or so and got some energy and now I am getting a little lethargic again. Could this be why? What % of your patients have this syndrome.

Thanks in advance for answering my question and all you do for ALL of us bandsters.

KC bandster

Kay

Kay, I experience virtually the same thing. I can barely get anything down during the day, and then by dinner I can eat a "normal" amount (probably a little more than I should but not much). After dinner Snacks also go down pretty easily. If I get an unfill so I can eat breakfast I'll be eating too much at dinner. So -- that doesn't help you except to say you're not alone!

This is amazing...........we started out at the same weight. 255 was where I was when I got my first fill. I was 226 on my last fill and 221 today. My last fill was July 5.

I have had to have an unfill everytime except my first one and now I am debating if I need to go. Since Dr. C said I should I do think I need a small unfill.

I sure am glad to meet somebody that is like me as I read about it but none of my banded buddies have it.

They sure don't tell you everything at seminar. They did tell me diabetics like me lose slower and men lose really fast.

Thanks for the scoop Gadgetlady,

Kay aka Kayford

When were you banded, Kay? I'm not diabetic but I don't make the best food choices which makes me a slow loser. I eat dessert every day, without exception, so I'm thrilled to be inching down.

I was banded in Tijuana by Dr. Ariel Ortiz. Down there Dr. Ortiz did my hernia repair and placed the band and Dr. Martinous placed the port. I am still on insulin but not taking nearly as much. I get my fills in Kansas City with Dr. Malley and he is wonderful. I swell after each fill and I am super tight right now. I really should run down and have a little taken out. Sometimes we bandsters can be a little hard headed.

Kay

When were you banded, Kay? I'm not diabetic but I don't make the best food choices which makes me a slow loser. I eat dessert every day, without exception, so I'm thrilled to be inching down.

I thought I read where were you banded. I see now it says WHEN--- I was banded Nov 18 but did not get my first fill for 9 weeks post op. Dr. Ortiz said I could get f/u care but he did not want my first fill until 8 weeks post op and by the time I called it was 9 weeks.

I was 258 originally and down to 244 with the preop diet of shakes for a week and then back to 255 when I got banded.

How many of you out there have this syndrome that I call...............can't eat lunch or breakfast and then can eat a little dinner.......?????? I just wonder how many of us there are out there??????

Kay

Kay,

I have it every single day. I usually cannot eat b/f in the morning. Sometimes i can eat Cereal. It basically sucks because my DH makes a wonderful dinner, and i get stuck with Bananna Nut Crunch cereal and that happens quite a bit. Salads are no problem at all, just everything else doesn't work.