Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best iPhone app for tracking calories, carbs, exercise?

So, I've tried out MyFitnessPay and FitDay so far. MyFitnessPal is cool, but the food search tool is quirky. If I search for Chobani it doesn't recognize it, if I scan the barcode on my yogurt, it doesn't recognize it (dang, I had such high hopes for that!), but if I search for greek yogurt, sure enough, there in the list is the Chobani nonfat peach yogurt I'm eating half of for Breakfast this morning. Hmm....

Beyond that, I like the detailed breakdown of my nutritional intake for the day. I'm hoping if I keep using it, I eat the same things often enough that it won't seem so tedious to enter foods every day.

I'm new to FitDay, but the food database appears to be very small - it doesn't recognize Chobani or greek yogurt.

Any other recommendations? If there's an app you'd recommend, please indicate what you think are its best features. Thanks!!

I like fatsecret.com .

Does your surgeon participate in "realize my sucess"? I don't know if you can create an account if your surgeon is not already affiliated with the program, but worth looking into. It is AWESOME. It keeps track of everything - diet, exercise, goals, pics, inches, etc. It also has recipes and words of encouragement. I log on and input my data via the computer but it is also available thru mobile devices.

The website is:

www.realize.com

Good Luck with whatever you choose!:rolleyes:

When i searched chobani the peach fat free came up in the list, not sure whats up. I have the app on my iphone. I like myfitnesspal cuz it has the largest food database.

I just registered at realize and they don't let you use alot of the functions until post surgery - so I can't track exercise for example. I have been using livestrong.com which is a great website, but lousy smart phone app.