Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So tonight at 6 pm was 4 full days after surgery. And I FEEL GREAT. I am completely off all medicine, and aside from not eating actual food and the fact that I am getting tired quicker, I am completely back to normal! I am completely stunned how well this whole process has gone! Aside from the gas pains I never felt real "Pain" just discomfort.

Today was the first day that I got in a whole Protein shake (8 oz) on top of probably 30 oz Water (sipping ALL day long). Before today I was lucky to get in 4 medicine cups of Protein Shake and probably 10 oz Water.< /p>

Today was also the first time that I felt comfortable with driving and with going to the store. I ended up going out for about 5 hours today (a lot of sitting here and there though) and I realized that I am not quite ready to head back to work.

ON THE NEGATIVE SIDE: I have hives. Lots of hives all over my stomach. This is the main reason why I stopped taking the pain meds. They had me on hydrocodone and I'm pretty sure I'm having a huge reaction to that. Hopefully that goes away soon cuz it itches like crazy and I've never been a real good person to avoid itching things. hehe.

All in all I couldn't be happier with the surgery. I have lost just over 30 pounds in 3 weeks and I hope it all keeps falling off! I know not everyone is as blessed to have such an easy way of it right after surgery so I know I've been blessed.

I DO have a big question though. The scale isn't moving. Is that normal the week after surgery? :( It says I haven't lost a single pound in 2 days. What's up with that????

yes it's normal, I showed a lost first on day 6 after surgery - remember they pumped your full of IV fluids. But make sure to try your darnedest to get in your fluids (64 oz and count your Protein too) because you don't want to end up dehydrated and back in the hospital!! My Dr says if you don't get it in one day you have to get the 64 + whatever you missed the day before the next day - never ending.

So tonight at 6 pm was 4 full days after surgery. And I FEEL GREAT. I am completely off all medicine, and aside from not eating actual food and the fact that I am getting tired quicker, I am completely back to normal! I am completely stunned how well this whole process has gone! Aside from the gas pains I never felt real "Pain" just discomfort.

Today was the first day that I got in a whole Protein shake (8 oz) on top of probably 30 oz Water (sipping ALL day long). Before today I was lucky to get in 4 medicine cups of Protein Shake and probably 10 oz Water.< /p>

Today was also the first time that I felt comfortable with driving and with going to the store. I ended up going out for about 5 hours today (a lot of sitting here and there though) and I realized that I am not quite ready to head back to work.

ON THE NEGATIVE SIDE: I have hives. Lots of hives all over my stomach. This is the main reason why I stopped taking the pain meds. They had me on hydrocodone and I'm pretty sure I'm having a huge reaction to that. Hopefully that goes away soon cuz it itches like crazy and I've never been a real good person to avoid itching things. hehe.

All in all I couldn't be happier with the surgery. I have lost just over 30 pounds in 3 weeks and I hope it all keeps falling off! I know not everyone is as blessed to have such an easy way of it right after surgery so I know I've been blessed.

I DO have a big question though. The scale isn't moving. Is that normal the week after surgery? :( It says I haven't lost a single pound in 2 days. What's up with that????

Your body is chock AND holding on to all the Fluid they pump you with pre and post surgery. That is why. Breath in and breath out,,,,,,,,, move on! The time always now!

Congratulations on your surgery. And, yeah, this is normal. The hives maybe not so much - I'd call your surgeon about it to make sure it is a reaction to the meds and not something else though. I'd hate for you to think it was that and it end up being some sort of bug picked up in the hospital (unlikely - but slightly possible).

I didn't weigh myself until 1 week post op because of the Fluid retention. Don't sweat it yet. My surgeon and dietician recommend weighing at the very most once a week.

I had a very itchy tummy and it was a combination of irritation from whatever they scrubbed me with for the surgical prep and the hair they shaved off my abdomen itching as it grew back in. No hives, though, thankfully. Hope you are feeling better!