Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK, so I've resigned myself to the fact that I am going to have to continue supplementing with Protein shakes in my first full-liquids month. HOWEVER, once I get to purees I need some ideas on how to keep my meals small enough and still get close to enough Protein for my daily target. I am willing to do skim milk at least once a day for a little extra protein but would prefer to get all from food. I will be able to have soft cheeses (already do, actually so I've been eating string cheese and babybel light) and will be doing the chicken salad pureed like others have suggested.

Did anyone else start getting all their protein from food this early out?

Try this power milk recipe: 1 cup skim milk (7 grams protein) and powered milk (7 grams protein) follow the directions on the box. The taste doesn't change, but you get 14 grams of Protein in one cup of milk. I'm 2 weeks, 2 days out and I'm still on liquids. I still am not getting 60 grams of protein a day now, so I hope it will be easier when I can eat.

I am allowed to have pureed foods now, but I get sick when I try. I'm from Indy too. Good luck!

OK, so I've resigned myself to the fact that I am going to have to continue supplementing with Protein shakes in my first full-liquids month. HOWEVER, once I get to purees I need some ideas on how to keep my meals small enough and still get close to enough Protein for my daily target. I am willing to do skim milk at least once a day for a little extra protein but would prefer to get all from food. I will be able to have soft cheeses (already do, actually so I've been eating string cheese and babybel light) and will be doing the chicken salad pureed like others have suggested.

Did anyone else start getting all their protein from food this early out?

I am 2 weeks post (almost 3) and could get all of my protein from food, but I still have one shake a day because it helps me get my fluids in. The protein from meat adds up so quickly. Last night, I made shrimp stir fry for the family and just purreed some of it for me. It was still tasty and ended up being 15g of protein in 1/3C of food. I couldnt do it if I used Beans and cheese. I couldnt eat enough of it to add up, but I typically have 1/2 C cottage cheese (14g protein) and 1 pureed meat meal per day. Add an egg or some greek yogurt and it adds up quickly.

Ooh, I didn't think about the powdered milk. I think I'll get some sugar-free chocolate milk mix and try it that way . . . thanks all!

chicken and tuna have a lot of Protein. Take any healthy high protein food and puree it up for you. I hate the Protein Drinks and want my protein to come from real food.n..its not hard to do since you can eat so ofen, just be choosy and get the protein in first. I hardly get in anything else.

I am hoping the same thing because I just can't do the Protein drinks!! They sit so heavy and are sweet. I get to start some foods Tuesday (chicken, tuna, light cheese, eggs, beans) really looking forward to get more than 100-200 calories in a day.

4 meals with each meal consisting of 15gr of Protein per meal will give you the 60gr of Protein per day.

2oz of chicken is about 14gr of protein, 2 eggs is 14gr of protein 1 egg with 2 cheese chunks is 13gr of protein

Make your tuna, chicken, egg salad with Greek yogurt and you'll get your protein in with a few more grams via Greek yogurt.

Somewhat off topic...but what is everyone's daily Protein requirement? My doc says 80-100 grams a day. I wish I only had to get 60 in...life would be a lot easier.

4 meals with each meal consisting of 15gr of Protein per meal will give you the 60gr of protein per day.

2oz of chicken is about 14gr of protein, 2 eggs is 14gr of protein 1 egg with 2 cheese chunks is 13gr of protein

Make your tuna, chicken, egg salad with Greek yogurt and you'll get your protein in with a few more grams via Greek yogurt.

Somewhat off topic...but what is everyone's daily Protein requirement? My doc says 80-100 grams a day. I wish I only had to get 60 in...life would be a lot easier.

It seems that 60-70gr is the recommended for women. 80-100gr is pretty standard for men. I couldn't get in 80 grams for several weeks. 60 was about all I could push in even once I got to mushy/purees/soft solids.

I am in week three post op and I am still on full liquids plus cheese, greek yogurt, skim milk, cottage cheese. Next week I start on soft food and I am supposed to get 80g of protein!!!! I can barely eat a half ounce of cheese right now! I dont know how I will manage that. I guess I will have to drink Protein shakes too!