Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Be careful. My aunt had the sleeve done a couple years ago and gained back 15 lbs of her weight lost. She had a barium swallow done to see how her stomach looked, and she's growing a pouch on her sleeve from eating too quickly.

wow! Thats scary! Thanks for sharing that with us!

It is possible to eat way out of surgery. The stomach is still tissue and will stretch. Just don't go overboard and enjoy having a little more room. Just count calories

wow that is scary. How long ago did she have the sleeve done? Was she over eating a lot? LIke to the point of throwing up?

Her stomach is stretching, and forming a pouch off her sleeve.

Sounds like acid, Wine......are you on a PPO (antacid the Dr prescribed you?) Check out this video.....

I am still on full liquids, just started them yesterday so I'm having 1/4c 3 times a day plus my Fluid. I am VERY hungry, not head hunger, actual stomach growling making lots of noise I feel like I'm starving hunger. Is that just because my food is sliding right through my stomach? There is no retention of the food to make me feel full? I will stay full for about 1 hour after eating but that's it. What advice do you all have? Should I have 1/4c of full liquids more than 3 times a day? One of my servings is no more than 25-40 calories depending what I have so it's not like it will be a weight gain issue. Please help.

WTH????? GROW a pouch off our sleeve??.....oh, good Lord. I am SO glad I read that...didn't even know it was possible!!! :blink: Just more incentive to eat slow and low....man. Wonders never cease what we can do to ourselves with food. So sad :(

wow that is scary. How long ago did she have the sleeve done? Was she over eating a lot? LIke to the point of throwing up?

She was sleeved in October of 2009. She's overeating, but not to the point of throwing up. She still has restriction, though, and can eat half the amount she used to be able to eat. She's just eating too quickly and eating the wrong types of foods. She's gained 15 lbs.

That doesn't really explain what i'm feeling but it's good information.

Yes, I'm on 1 Protonix 40mg every morning.

She was sleeved in October of 2009. She's overeating, but not to the point of throwing up. She still has restriction, though, and can eat half the amount she used to be able to eat. She's just eating too quickly and eating the wrong types of foods. She's gained 15 lbs.

Who is her surgeon??? I only ask because I've heard of this a couple of times with 2 separate surgeons that have a different technique.

Who is her surgeon??? I only ask because I've heard of this a couple of times with 2 separate surgeons that have a different technique.

She had the same surgeon I have- Dr. Aceves. I don't think he did anything wrong.

She had the same surgeon I have- Dr. Aceves. I don't think he did anything wrong.

Just wondering. . . I don't think surgeons do anything wrong necessarily, and I just thought I would ask since there's a couple of sleevesters on OH with the same issue. I wasn't trying to say any surgeon did it "wrong". I promise it was just out of curiosity more than anything.

That is really scary!! I tend to eat fast even though i am trying to slow down. But that is a hard habit to break. So thank you for sharing. This should help me even more to slow down.

Just wondering. . . I don't think surgeons do anything wrong necessarily, and I just thought I would ask since there's a couple of sleevesters on OH with the same issue. I wasn't trying to say any surgeon did it "wrong". I promise it was just out of curiosity more than anything.

I believe you, don't worry! I just felt the need to clarify that I didn't think Dr. Aceves did anything wrong because he was such a wonderful surgeon, and I'd hate to say anything that could be interpreted as negative about him.

This is exactly what happened to me, or more correctly WHAT I DID!! I regained 50 lbs of the 100lbs I lost, and have stretched my sleeve so that I can eat six or seven times what I should be able to. And NO I wasn't eating til I threw up. I ate fast, and over time (taking an hour for a large meal - eating then pausing to wait til my stomach emptied then eating again straight away to finish the meal). The overeating was a gradual process, and like Tiffykins says the more you eat junk the more your body craves junk.

Glad you are getting back on track - do it now cause it only gets harder!!

How are you doing now? How are your eating habits now?

This is exactly what happened to me, or more correctly WHAT I DID!! I regained 50 lbs of the 100lbs I lost, and have stretched my sleeve so that I can eat six or seven times what I should be able to. And NO I wasn't eating til I threw up. I ate fast, and over time (taking an hour for a large meal - eating then pausing to wait til my stomach emptied then eating again straight away to finish the meal). The overeating was a gradual process, and like Tiffykins says the more you eat junk the more your body craves junk.

Glad you are getting back on track - do it now cause it only gets harder!!