Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Gained Since Having Gastric Sleeve Surgery

It's really hard. I've been at goal for 9 years but in the last 6 months since my back surgery, I've gained about 15 but it feels more like 25. I haven't been able to work out with weights, which really made me even smaller than what I would have been at that weight.

Last night, I wanted to go out, and I could not find a top that did not show big fat rolls that were not there before. I was so depressed.

I am going to try 5:2 again. I lost all my regain doing that before. It's really hard to get started because the first day it's only 500 calories. If I keep that image in my head, of what those tops looked like on me, I think I'll be able to stay away from Snacks.< /p>

I am heading in that direction too... been off of the 5:2 for about 4 weeks, and need to kick start it again.

I am 3 months out and I went up 3 pounds and stalled there for 3 weeks... I sure hope the scale moves down soon...

Stalls are normal for most people. Stay on track and the scales will move again. 3 weeks is not a deal breaker.... I had several 3 week stalls. Drink your Water, keep moving, Protein first....

I've been out for one year and I can eat a whole banana / corn dog is that normal anyone

Yes and no. Some days I can eat more than others. I know I can almost eat a whole small bananna some days and some days I can only eat half. Weird how that happens, actually!

Why are you eating corn dogs? Because I know I can eat more at 15 months out, I'm extra careful with my choices now. If I started eating processed junk again, I WOULD gain because I can eat more if it now. That's one of the reasons regain happens.

I don't want to stretch my pouch. I don't eat and drink the same time. I exercise every and lift weights so some days I don't get enough calories in

I hate to be the bearer of bad news. It's no joke mypeeps. YOU CAN GAIN WEIGHT and sad to say all of it back if you don't take this seriously!!!! Don't play are onus with slider foods and eating junk. It catches up. I'm grateful to be where I'm at 5 years out (169) BUT I've gained a lot (I got down to 144 and my normal bmi goal was 150). Sleevie still works great but unfortunately I know how to get around it. Toatally not worth it. I made myself get on the scale yesterday and so glad I did to keep myself on track. The only one I would be hurting is myself. I've gone through too much to sabotage myself now. We got this peeps.

I was sleeved 23 months ago. My weight occasionally fluctuates 2-3 pounds. 15 years ago I had WLS called gastroplasty and lost about 120 pounds. I eventually regained all and then some. It is possible to eat around any WLS and regain the weight. I know people that have regained all or maybe 30 - 50 pounds of their weight with the band, rny and sleeve. That is why we are told surgery is just a tool.

I lost 5 and kept if off for 2 weeks. I gained 2 over the weekend but I expect them to be gone tomorrow. I don't want to gain weight over the holidays. I don't want any more weight on top of what I've already gained.

I have to watch every bite because just a handful of junk can cause a gain.