Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I did it again

oh gosh everyone - i'm suffering through the aftereffects of the worse day of pbbing! I did this once with my first fill so i think i know the drill bbut i'm a bit scared. Had such bad pbs yesterday i was almost swollen shut - could finally swallow my saliva and slept pretty well last night bbut can't get liquids down yet. I had about 4 1/2 tsps of pedalyte this morning and that was pretty painful. I will wait until late afternoon and if not getting mmore fluids in will call the doc. Last time this happened i was on liquids for a week with regular doses of maalox but right now maalox is too thick to get down. Just walked for 1/2 hour after the pedalyte so pain is subsiding bbut scared to even try another sip! I sat in the hot tub last night and that seems to relax me cuz you know the tension and upset i feel doesn't help. Just needed to vent.

When I was really tight and swollen after surgery it really helped me to sip warm liquids. For some reason it was really soothing. Maybe a warm cup of team might help. Good luck. My first fill is MOnday so I am eager to see how I do.

I had to go to mexico yesterday - had to book a first class seat to get out ASAP and boy i wish i could've eaten/drank anything - it was super nice (and expensive). Got an unfill and then 1.8 put in and immediately felt better. The throwing up wouldn't stop, i was in pain and couldn't keep a capful of Water down. pitiful. i hope i learned from this but right not too tired to think straight.

I was banded by Dr. Ortiz on Monday of this week and feel really good. I was on Clear Liquids but have had some Soups and ate a peach last night without any problems.

Did you have a easy time at the beginning? It sounds like the problems started with the fill and that makes me nervous. I was planning on just watching my weight and when I plateau--go ahead and make an appointment for a fill.

I hope you are feeling better!

Not to worry,I am sure you will be fine! The incident was my own doing - i ate something too fast and too early in the morning and the problems progressed from there - because of the heartburn, Dr. Martinez suggested I comein immediately. Be careful with eating anything this soon after surgery - i was on liquids for 3 weeks! It's important cuz it helps the stiches adhere to the stomach so the band won't slip. Do everything the doc says esp in the early stages! Sorry if I sound preachy or naggy - everyone does what they have to do and maybe doc/nutritionist said ok...but if not, please stick to the diet - good luck and glad you are doiing well.

oh and i have always had challenges because my food issues are deep - i have a hard head and always push the band's limits - i take complete responsibility but know i need the band if i will ever be successful.

Clady!

I echo what Marys says. As another one of Ortiz' patients, you probably were told to be on liquids for three weeks. The first week allows only clear liquids! It is too big a gamble to be eating anything or even drinking anything not on your list. Not only can you compromise your banding, but part of this whole experience is learning to follow the doctors' orders. There are specific eating rules later. It will make it so much easier to keep them if you keep the rules now.

MARY! I am sooo sorry you had to fly emergency first class to Mexico! Ouch!!! And SCARY! I am going on Saturday and would have loved to see you there.

I do exactly the same things as you. I eat too fast! The first few bites I am so careful and then my hunger takes my attention and I feel safe enough to put that next biteful in my mouth before the last has hit my stoma. Mornings are tough, too.

I am getting my 2nd fill tomorrow. I only have 1.0 cc now. I hope I don't get too much! Who did your fill? You can pm me if you want!

I have a hard head, too!

Hey Lisa Lisa,

I can't believe I will miss you - i hoope to plan my next trip better (and not an emergency). Let's see i was at 2.6 (he filled me on June 27 from 2.2 to 2.6) I had lost .1 since first fill of 2.3 and he left in 1.8 yessterday. At first I was going to take it all out and I was sitting there with the needle poking out and he let me drink like mad cuz I was so thirsty. I am ok with 1.8 but will probably need a bit more in 3-4 weeks. Oh yeah and it was dr. romero who reminds me somehow of Doogie Howser - he is soooo young. But so nice. The driver was super kind (i think I scared him i looked so bad etc) and i love rene in the office and this new doc is good and very competent. pm or email me when you get back - eric and i are going to vegas for his birthday next week - i'm brining lots of slimfast! ha

Thanks for kind words/understanding!

And Clady you can see none of us are perfect but we want you to keep that band tightly in place!!!