Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am an apple, I hate my chin!

This is kind of a silly question. Are there any other apples out there? I am so jealous of the pears with their thin faces. I would like to know if any of you banded beauties are an apple and had a double chin that you lost? I am getting banded in a week, I need hope I will lose my double chin..... Did any of you have or want chin surgery? Extra skin?

thanks,

zoe

Okay, I'm one of those pears who has lost face weight more than anything so far. I think my chin will escape the Lipo canula...lol. Actually, my loss has shown all over...all of me is smaller! I'll need a Tummy Tuck, but I still have big hips and thighs. Such is the life of a pear. The grass is always greener. I'm fairly certain you are totally beautiful the way you are, and just wait till you start loosing! Have you seen the Before/After Picture Thread? It's pretty inspiring. Go look!

I'm one of those lucky apples! Grrr... Anyway, I have lost my double chins. My face looks quite thin, especially if I don't eat a lot of junk (salty) food. Have patience. It will happen!

I am an apple, AND I have a very square shaped face.

I've lost 65 lbs from my high of 280, and the only way I have a double chin now is if I look downward, lol. :(

I am 58 years old and am pleased with the results so far even though my neck is looking like crepe paper and the chins are much less and my face has slimmed and it happened first before anything else. My head and neck were like one continuous line..Neck practically nonexistant. The tummy is the last to go on me. It is much less but I am still happy. My shrinking began even before lapband surgery. The pre-surgery diet worked to lessen the tummy and all. I would not worry at your age. I thought I would look like a prune...Not so much!!

Good luck!

ME ME ME ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a definite APPLE. I have little stick legs, NO BUTT (and I mean skin over bones butt) little arms from the elbow down but somewhat plumpy on the upper arm. Little BOOBS but between my hips and boobs is where I carry my weight. I do have a double chin but it is fading and I have only lost about 30 lbs so far.

M

Hey Zoe! (((HUGS)))

You KNOW I am an apple, but guess what? My neck is starting to show a little more! And two days ago I looked down in the car. Not only was my stomach not brushing against the steering wheel, but there was a good two inches - maybe three between me and it.

It will go away. My pictures say so, and we all hate our pictures enough to know that they don't lie!

Here's another apple!!!

I may weigh 250 lbs, but most of that is my abdomen/upper body. My legs and butt look like a normal sized person. I actually think that my legs and butt are a size 16 and my waist is a 20. It sucks so bad because it is so hard to find clothes cut to fit right.

The wierdest part is that both my mom and sister (whom I really look alot alike) is a pear???!!! Go figure!

I don't have a huge chin, but my face is slimming down some.

Oh, its not so great being a pear either, lol. My face is getting gaunt, I'm looking too old, because I lose weight from my face virtually straight away. I have hollow dark eyes now because they were very deep set anyway. I'm definitely going to have to choose between my face and my bum at some stage or I'll look like a concentration camp victim if I whittle my backside down too much.

I think I may be a watermelon

Apples - at least you're losing all over. You probably wouldn't like losing it in all the wrong places, right?

The Best Me (and Jachut) I'm with you. I'm a classic pear who is striving to be an hourglass.

I had a Tummy Tuck but I was trying to whittle down some weight (Ultimately I'd before I had my Lipo to correct Mother Nature's errors over here. Now my excess weight is still firmly cemented on my Thunder Thighs and my Rubenesque (sounds better than Round, right?) Hips. Funny how my body decided to burn my boob tissue before it dared touch my lower body which had plenty to spare! :(

I think I have one of those sexy 50's style Pin Up Girl figures under all this flab. So if I aspire to be a Classic Hourglass (Va-va-voom! :confused: ) then that might take lifting 'The Twins' a bit to get things in proportion.

Let's keep fighting the fight.

Okay, I'm one of those pears who has lost face weight more than anything so far. I think my chin will escape the lipo canula...lol. Actually, my loss has shown all over...all of me is smaller! I'll need a tummy tuck, but I still have big hips and thighs. Such is the life of a pear. The grass is always greener. I'm fairly certain you are totally beautiful the way you are, and just wait till you start loosing! Have you seen the Before/After Picture Thread? It's pretty inspiring. Go look!

I think I may be a watermelon

LMAO!!! Okay, now THAT was funny!!! Thank you!

Yep, I've got the face fat too. I've even had people ask me if I was taking steroids (moon face). Nope I'm not and never have. It's a family curse, the fat face. I too have difficulty finding pants to fit well and it's only gotten worse the bigger I've gotten. My legs are not small but not pear shaped either by any means. I have absolutely no hips, even at 264 lbs. I can still feel my pelvic bones on the sides of my body.

I've considered face reduction surgery but I'll just wait and see what happens to me when I get banded (8-17 woohoo!). I might have some loose hanging double chin like a turkey neck but I'll just bide my time with the chin thing. I'm more concerned about having to have a TT. I'm really interested in that because I think my pants would fit better and even though I'll never be a pear, maybe I could one day be a cucumber! Let's keep track of our progress along the way!

Andy Liz

"Here's another apple!!!

I may weigh 250 lbs, but most of that is my abdomen/upper body. My legs and butt look like a normal sized person. I actually think that my legs and butt are a size 16 and my waist is a 20. It sucks so bad because it is so hard to find clothes cut to fit right."

I could have wrote that!!! I weigh a bit more, but I have normal legs, and butt...could easily fit a 16 ( I am 5'9") but this belly....oh heaven help me!!! I also am very big chested. Even at 125 lbs in HS I was a DD cup. So between the shoulders and the hips I am huge, the rest of me is fine! As for the double chin...it was the first to go, that and weight in my hands, my rings were falling off within 2 weeks. I too am seeing room between me and the steering wheel, and behind DH on our motorcycle, but am anxious to see more free space, and less of me! Good Luck!!

Kat

I'm an apple as well. After only 21 lbs gone in the past 3 weeks, I am noticing it in my face first. That's always where I notice it first. Then the shelf on top of my butt goes a bit before my stomach...then they take turns for a while. My doc said I carry my weight the better way in the tummy, low, away from my heart rather than higher up. It just takes longer to get into smaller pants because of my belly. AArrrggghhhh.....it's so frustrating...