Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting My New Journey (Need Help)

Hi everyone!

Im new here and started my journey yesterday by going to my PCP. I did my blood tests and now i have to wait until all the way in October to see the nutritionist dry.gif , to take a class i assume. I have Kaiser Permanebte and i live in Maryland.I dont know all the tips and tricks but im hoping this doesnt take forever. All suggestions are welcome :)

Hello Natz and welcome to the rest of your life!!! :) Well, my only suggestion is to hold on to your hat because this is quite a ride! Take a look around, and even check out our hospitals & surgeons forums. We have a LOT of Kaiser patients here who I'm sure can assist you as you fly through those hoops.

Best wishes!!

Hi everyone!

Im new here and started my journey yesterday by going to my PCP. I did my blood tests and now i have to wait until all the way in October to see the nutritionist dry.gif , to take a class i assume. I have Kaiser Permanebte and i live in Maryland.I dont know all the tips and tricks but im hoping this doesnt take forever. All suggestions are welcome :)

Hello,

I'm new here also but read your post. You have to wait so long to see the nutrutionist wow. I started my journey back in January 2011 with a seminar meeting where we learned about the three wls methods. I knew the band wasn't for me because, I weighed to much and the by-pass I truly wasn't going to get done. I didn't want them cutting any part of my body and connecting it to my stomach. When I heard about the sleeve that's the one I settled on. I got my first appoint in January and met the whole team (doctor, nurse, nutrutionist, exercise personnel). At every visit I was weighed in and talked with the nurse and the doctor. Well, the big day finally arrived August 2, 2011. Tuesday 16th will be two weeks since surgery. Before surgery I had lost 13lbs and 17% body fat which was not bad. Since surgery when I weighed in Thursday on the 11th I had lost 26.4 pounds all ready. I started this journery weighing in at 353lbs. lost the 13lbs before surgery weighing in at 340 day of surgery and now wieghing 313lbs. If I can be of support to you doing this journey just let me know. Take Care.

Hi Guys!!!!

Thank you for the responses! I truly appreciate it.

Just a follow up...... my doctor got me in with a nutritionst sooner. So i will see her this Thursday :D ! He also explained to me that the October appt was a seminar with a WL nutritionist that i have to take per Kaiser. So i feel much better. So the Dr i see on tuesday will have to refer me to the psych and then to the surgeon. I think i get it but when i think about who refers me to who it gets a bit confusing :unsure: . So i appreciate all our support.

@midnight Congatz!!!!!!! what insurance do you have? How are you feeling? How long did you stay in the hospital?

@lilmissdiva You look amazing!

Hi Guys!!!!

Thank you for the responses! I truly appreciate it.

Just a follow up...... my doctor got me in with a nutritionst sooner. So i will see her this Thursday :D ! He also explained to me that the October appt was a seminar with a WL nutritionist that i have to take per Kaiser. So i feel much better. So the Dr i see on tuesday will have to refer me to the psych and then to the surgeon. I think i get it but when i think about who refers me to who it gets a bit confusing :unsure: . So i appreciate all our support.

@midnight Congatz!!!!!!! what insurance do you have? How are you feeling? How long did you stay in the hospital?

@lilmissdiva You look amazing!

Hey Natz,

I have Independent Health as insurance. I stayed for two days. My first night was my hardest I stayed in pain but the staff was good about keeping full of pain and naseau medicine. By Wednesday afternoon I was feeling ok with discomfort. Wednesday morning I went to the x-ray room drank some white stuff so that my stomach could show up on the x-ray machine. They were looking for leaks didn't have any. They get you up and walking about 6-7 hours after surgery. You will find that the walking is good for you. I came home on Thursday afternoon. I haven't had any pain just some discomfort. I walk twice a day very slowly because you have to build your strength back up. But, doing good. Stay in touch!