Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 week Post-op and I don't think it's working!

Sleeved on 8/3 and had some issues with not being able to meet my recommended Fluid intake the first 4 days (now resolved).

Last 3 days I have been SUPER HUNGRY!!! Still on full liquids for one more week. I just had 3oz of canned Tomato Soup with 2 crackers in it and polished it off in 5 minutes and still hungry!

Is this normal, guys???

Is it truly physical hunger or head hunger? I found myself going through a lot of head hunger but when I actually listened to my stomach (it wasn't growling and didn't feel that gnawing feeling) I wasn't physically hungry. I think everyone is different though. When you move to soft foods you will probably feel a lot better. I liken it to when you feed a baby formula and eventually you have to add Cereal in because formula won't keep them satisfied. Hang in there!

Is it truly physical hunger or head hunger? I found myself going through a lot of head hunger but when I actually listened to my stomach (it wasn't growling and didn't feel that gnawing feeling) I wasn't physically hungry. I think everyone is different though. When you move to soft foods you will probably feel a lot better. I liken it to when you feed a baby formula and eventually you have to add Cereal in because formula won't keep them satisfied. Hang in there!

Not sure of the difference between physical and head hunger! I just know is that I didn't get the "soft burp" most people talk about or any other discomfort. I guess I'm glad I only had 3oz pre measured into my bowl or I'd have kept going!

I am 2 weeks post-op and still on full liquids. Yes I do feel physical hunger. I get that empty gnawing feeling. But then my doc has me low calorie, low carb, low fat, low sugar, and high Protein. Weight loss has been pretty good so I can't complain about that at all. I guess now is the time we are supposed to work on our food issues. I have found that certain things slide right through. Well so far everything I am allowed to have slides right through except the Protein shakes. They do tend to hang around longer and keep me from being hungry.

Khy...sucking it up and learning hunger isn't going to kill me.

Sleeved on 8/3 and had some issues with not being able to meet my recommended Fluid intake the first 4 days (now resolved).

Last 3 days I have been SUPER HUNGRY!!! Still on full liquids for one more week. I just had 3oz of canned Tomato Soup with 2 crackers in it and polished it off in 5 minutes and still hungry!

Is this normal, guys???

I had my surgery 8/5 and experienced the same thing. My stomach was gurgling, cramping like I was supper hungry! Then I read some other posts on here about taking an antacid like Prilosec OTC daily. I started researching it on some MD websites and many docs recommend it. So, I went and bought some and it has helped amazingly!

I had my surgery 8/5 and experienced the same thing. My stomach was gurgling, cramping like I was supper hungry! Then I read some other posts on here about taking an antacid like Prilosec OTC daily. I started researching it on some MD websites and many docs recommend it. So, I went and bought some and it has helped amazingly!

I've been taking Omeprazole since the morning after surgery.

Diesel,

I my names Jim I too had alot of what your feeling before being on soft foods... Relax and let it pass.... Remember you are only eating liquids, try sugarfree popsicles to soothe you between meals or blended canned peaches & pears with cottage cheese.... It helped alot just blend them with some fruit juice no sugar added untill they are as smoothe as you need them....:D I did this until i was able to eat soft foods. I still lost 16 lbs before I went back to work 5 days after released from hospital...:blink:

I agree with the posts above - the liquids don't fill you up as much and diffeent people have different tolerance for liquids early out. I was super swollen and could barely drink Water, much less creamy Soup. Also, I had to move to 2 omeprazole per day in the first month (one AM and one PM) because of evening acid reflux and general yuck feeling in my tummy. I only had to do it for about a month.

In general, your stomach is going to make an ungodly amount of noise for a couple of months, even when you are just drinking Water.< /p>

Hang in there - you are doing great!