Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Discovered a couple of local thrift stores today

Well, my 28W's are starting to get big. While they aren't falling down on their own yet, I realized last night when I took off my pants without thinking and didn't unbutton or unzip them (and they were loose when I took them off like that!), that I probably should find some smaller pants. So, today I found a couple of local thrift stores and found myself some 22W's that are still a bit small for me, some 24W's that I think will fit or will in a very short time and a pair of 26W's that I know will fit. I had a hard time finding the 26W's that's why I only got one pair of those. Some of the pants still had the original tags from the "name brand / big box store" on them. I got one pair that was originally $40 at JCPenny for $7.99 at the thrift store.

While I was looking forward to buying the smaller sizes, I never really thought it would happen a month after surgery. Shirts are still fitting fine - somewhat baggy around my stomach, but I can tuck them in and they still look good.

Best part is when I go to get rid of my too big clothing - one of these local thrift stores will take them as a donation and give me a receipt that I can use for tax purposes! Yay!

Good for you I haven't yet went down sizes because anything that fits me right seems to irratate my healing areas. So I think I will be wearing the too big sizes a while longer until I heal a little more. Alteast they are not falling off yet but almost lol But congrats on the weight loss!

Nancy, I'm right there with you! I already went through a few pairs of pants that were once too small - that I had saved (you know how that goes). They were too snug but eventually fit. But now those are too big!!! So I am right in the process of figuring out what to do. Like you, I can still get away with using most tops. But the pants are the most difficult. Plus if you're swiming in them it looks like you're bigger still! LOL I always chuckle when people post they have to shop for new clothes and joke that I want that problem... but it's not so funny when you have to go to work and everything and hanging off of you over night LOL!!!!! (Lucky us though, right! :-) ) Happy, low investment shopping to us both!

That's the way to go. Our case manager told us not to invest much in new clothes because we will lose weight so fast, like a size every 2 weeks. I hope that's true! Im going to start hunting out my local thrift stores too. It's fun to buy smaller sizes with a small budget!

I have started zipping seams on the side of everything I own! Pants and shirts can be taken in this way. No great sewing skills required. I just don't want to buy ANYTHING until I have to! I had a pair of jeans that I pulled in center back and seamed. When the pockets meet and overlap...what will I do? :0 SHOP ... just a little though! My two kids starting back to high school get ALL my money right now it seems!