Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded just yesterday!!!

Well I'm now officially a bandster!!! Yay! I thought this day would never come! I had originally wanted to do in and out surgery meaning to go in and then come home on the same day, well.....that wasn't happening so I'm out now. :)

I'm happy and lucky that I don't have any gas pains but I do have Port pain, that is the only part that hurts the most now. :-(

I've been good and have been drinking my Water and walking, just not sure what else to do? Any suggestions or is this something that will subside in due time? Thanks for any suggestions and info that can be providded. :)

Yeahhhhh JJenkin (I didn't know I had a studdering problem) anyhow, the port area will be tender for awhile but the pain will subside. Tylenol 3 always helped and put me to sleep too.

Sweet thanks!

They gave me liquid Vicodin, sis is on her way to pick it up for me now. :)

I'm so happy I did this, now it's 4 weeks of a clear liquid diet but I will definitely get through this, that is for sure. I just can't believe it's finally done! It's so surreal right now.

JJ the whole next year will feel surreal.You didnt say how much you have to loose but if you are anything like me you will watch those lbs fall away. Exercise dont get lazy, and try not to eat when you know darn well youre not hungry. Good Luck and God's Speed. My life feels so altered in so many good ways

Welcome to BandLand!!!!!!!!!!!

The first few days after surgery, just be kind to yourself.

Walk when you can. Keep your incisions clean - unless they have that glue on them .. I had that....

It's all so new. You think you know how you'll feel, and what you'll do, but you have to remember, your band will control all that for you soon.

Read as much as you can on the Forum, I'd be LOST without everyones posts - letting me know what to expect. There's no way the Dr's office will ever tell anyone what's really going to happen.

Sounds easy - a 4 week clear liquid diet. I made it 3 weeks? It's so important to drink your Protein, and your Water. I am so sad about my inability to get all the Water in, have to keep trying daily to remember to do it.

Repeat after me: "I will not look at everyones numbers and compare myself". They told us 2 pounds a week... this ain't gastric.

Congrats Gentry,

Yeah, the only pain I had was port pain too. I never had any on the shoulder pain and I'm proud too. My doctor gave me 5 big bottles of the liquid loritab with a refill of 5 and I used about 1/2 of one and went back to the pills. I take the loritab 10's if I need one and break it in half. I couldn't choke down that liquid. yuckkkkkkk

Sip don't take large drinks that was my biggest deal breaker. I would be thirsty and use to drinking big drinks and would forget. I think the walking saved my life. I walked and walked and at day 4 was vacuming, sweeping, laundry, dishes, everything and at day 12 was out riding 4wheelers and just very active. I think the walking is the key.

Good luck and you'll be losing like crazy. The liquids were hard for me but enjoy them because now that I can eat the weight loss has slowed down.