Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My story is not any different than the majority of people out there with this affliction. I have also tried several different diets and failed. Once when I was in college I followed a diet that I pieced together that worked, I dropped 120lbs in 9-10 months. I was doing well, but after an accident I had a set back and found my self in a downward spiral that led me to gain all of it back and more. As I became older I found it harder and harder to get back on track. Life started to really kick in and I began to make compromises against my well being. I would make excuses for myself regarding right eating choices and physical inactivity. I would make last minute decisions to begin a drastic life style change, work at it for a month or two, fail, and then obsess about my inability to commit.

I am fully aware that this state of mind is the real dark passenger, and some have the ability to overcome that obstacle and succeed. I have personally have struggled in this aspect, so I sought treatment from a nutritionist for guidance. The nutritionist recommended that I do the gastric sleeve procedure. She advocated that the procedure was the best fit to attain my goal of a healthy and happy life. I had never considered doing any kind of weight surgery. I felt it was too risky. I began to consider several factors in my life and realized that the nutritionist’s advice was sound. I spent several days researching and going through forums and YouTube posts, and finally I made my decision and met with Dr Anthony Gonzalez. I had convinced myself that the Lap-Band was the best option for me but after speaking with Dr Gonzalez he recommended the sleeve, he told me to do some further research but in the interim I would need to complete some requirements, so I did just that. During my time I found that the sleeve was safer and people seem to be very happy with the sleeve. I also found some individuals that had gone with the Lap-Band but then converted to the sleeve. Four Months later I have completed all my requirements and I am waiting approval from my insurance provider. I all goes well I will have achieved a healthy weight, be happier with myself, and look very good for my wedding day early next year.

Welcome!! There is a wealth of information here. Hope you get your date soon. :)

Deb

Howdy neighbor! (I'm from Hialeah):)

Although I opted to go with the surgeon that spoke at the seminar I attended, I have a friend that had her Gastric done by Dr Gonzalez and she highly recommended him. You're in good hands! Hope your approval comes quickly!!

Just got word last Friday from Aetna that they declined the procedure, and that my Doctor has already made an appeal as of last week when he was informed. The reason was lack of documentation regarding 6 month doctor monitored diet plan. I consulted with Dr Gonzalez staff and they informed me that they request a p2p meeting with Dr Gonzalez to justify the medical need for the procedure. I have to say I felt destroyed all weekend. I began I diet plan in the mean time to help with my total weight loss. Any one go through the same issue?