Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kettle Bells

Hiya all...

At my boxing gym there is a lot of talk about kettle bells and the great results they give. Just wondering if anyone has tried them and how good they are? I've looked into buying some with the DVD and the initial out lay, I feel, is a little pricey... but worth it if they are as good as I've heard.

Thoughts....

I love kettlebells but I hate Kettleworx. If you're doing a ****** on the right arm for example, that exact sequence with the same irritating comments will be repeated next time which is REALLY IRRITATING!!! It's just a cut and paste set of DVDs and I just can't bring myself to use that DVD set.

10 Minute Solution - Ultimate Kettlebell Fat Burner is a lot more doable. Reviewers complain that a real KB isn't used in the workout which is true, but if you have one then there's nothing to stop you using one and if you don't have one you can just use whatever weights you do have.

The 10 Minute DVD has 5 workouts and if you're really keen you can do all 5 workouts for a 50 minute session! cool.gif

I love kettlebells but I hate Kettleworx. If you're doing a ****** on the right arm for example, that exact sequence with the same irritating comments will be repeated next time which is REALLY IRRITATING!!! It's just a cut and paste set of DVDs and I just can't bring myself to use that DVD set.

10 Minute Solution - Ultimate Kettlebell Fat Burner is a lot more doable. Reviewers complain that a real KB isn't used in the workout which is true, but if you have one then there's nothing to stop you using one and if you don't have one you can just use whatever weights you do have.

The 10 Minute DVD has 5 workouts and if you're really keen you can do all 5 workouts for a 50 minute session! cool.gif

Thank you... I will look into it! Today at training, the trainer has lent me a DVD and kettle bell for a 'test drive'! Not sure which one it is, but I will have a little peek tonight and give it a go tomorrow... has to go back to the gym for Thurs though!

I like try before you buy...lol! =]

Hi Coops, I just read your quote of what I put and I can't believe it put stars. I put something like 'if you're doing a repetition on the right arm'. Actually I think I just remembered it was a sn@tch. According to Urban Dictionary it's a term for referring to "the human female's genitals".

Just learnt something new LOL! tongue.gif

OMG... that is hysterical... if I could get my my female gentials on my right arm, I think I would be posting this on another site...lol...

I'll let you know how I get on...lol =]

I have used Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred It with Weights (I think that's right). I use a Tonex KB which is plastic, not quite as heavy as the original KB, but quite affordable. The workout is doable and Jillian isn't all scary, but man was I sore after completing it. Also I did the work out pre-surgery. I'm just a over a week out, so I can't get back to it just yet.

I purchased my KB from Marshall's or TJ Maxx.

Hi Everyone,

I have been doing the Kettleworx workout for 6 weeks I have one more day to complete the program. I do agree the guy is a little goofy but then again I kind of find all of the dvd's a little goofy after a while.

I love this program both my husband and I have been doing it faithfully for 6 weeks now and I can honestly say that my waist is whittiling away and my arms and legs are really showing improvement.

We are going to do the same program for 6 more weeks and then jump up to the advanced program. I started with the 5 pound weight but have moved up to a 7 pound weight and hope to finish out the second cycle at a 10 pound weight.

The first couple workouts are a killer on your legs, but am I have progressed it has gotten better, much better. I can actually touch my legs and nothing jiggles,

I LOVE IT!!

Lyn