Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today is only DAY 1! How am I ever going to get through this? I think I'm going to go to bed just to stop thinking about how hungry I am. Anybody else going crazy on their pre-op?

Today is only DAY 1! How am I ever going to get through this? I think I'm going to go to bed just to stop thinking about how hungry I am. Anybody else going crazy on their pre-op?

I'm sorry you're so hungry. I think it takes a few days to adapt. Be strong and keep reminding yourself why you want this surgery and why you do'nt want you're liver to get damaged.. just keep thinking. I want to be thinner over and over and I can get through this pre-op.And you will. Good luck. I'm starting my pre-op tomorrow.

I just finished with my 14th and final day of my all liquid pre op diet. It is managable. At times frustrating (especially when making dinner for the husband and teenagers!) but it really is something that can be done. Hang in there, it is worth it!

I'm a week in to mine - the last few days I don't even feel hunger - I am able to have 4 Protein Drinks a day, all non starchy veggies and some sugar free things - pudding, Jello, popscicles and also oatmeal or cream of wheat. I set my calories at 1000 Protein at 125 and carbs at 115 on myfitnesspal and I haven't made my calories since Friday

I started today as well. I'm supposed to have a Protein shake for Breakfast and lunch and then I'm supposed to have a sensible dinner. I was sooooo hungry today. I had about 1/2 of wholewheat Pasta for dinner with tomatoe sauce and a bit of parmesan cheese, but its now 10 pm and my tummy is grumbling. Think I'm just going to go to bed to keep myself from eating LOL. I know we can do it!!!!

The first few days are the worst. Try drinking some hot Water or a soothing tea, such as Celestial Seasonings Sleepy Time. Do go to bed early. Getting enough sleep will help. Buy yourself some nice lotion and lip gloss. Instead of snacking, put on your lotion and lip gloss. Look over the list of allowed foods and try to select the ones you will find most filling. It's so worth it but it is hard at first. I remember how hungry I was when I started my pre-op diet, but after a while (I was on it for 3 months!) I was satisfied with it.

You'll be on the loser's bench before you know it! I thought I would never get there and now, here I am, almost three months out, forcing myself to eat because I'm rarely hungry.

Lynda

I am on day 8 of my 14 day diet... I promise it does get easier after the first 2-3 days. Hang in there, if I can do it, anyone can do it! I had a little melt down last night because I got my monthly friend 2 days ago and was pissed off that I could not have piece of chocolate. After some encouraging words from my husband, I decided that I MUST continue.

Here I am today feeling fine with my Protein shake, Water and crystal light. One thing that I found helpful was "RITA'S" Water-ice. They have fat-free/sugar-free water-ice. I am allowed to have sugar-free water-ice and that has helped a great deal because it is something I can have while my family is having it!

Hang in there!

I am on day one of my pre-op diet. I feel your pain. I can have a Protein Drink for Breakfast and lunch, crystal light and diet juice. I can also have sugar free Jello. For dinner I can have 3 oz of lean meat and a non starchy veg. I cant wait for dinner! I am feeling pretty hungry right now and I just finished the Protein drink. Ughh. We can do this though! Its going to be worth it in the end! Good luck to you and keep me posted. My surgery is set for Monday!

That is awesome that you can actually eat on your pre-op. I would die for some veggies or meat right about now!! Good luck with it and hang in there after the first 2-3 days it gets a lot easier.

I am on day one of my pre-op diet. I feel your pain. I can have a Protein drink for breakfast and lunch, crystal light and diet juice. I can also have sugar free Jello. For dinner I can have 3 oz of lean meat and a non starchy veg. I cant wait for dinner! I am feeling pretty hungry right now and I just finished the protein drink. Ughh. We can do this though! Its going to be worth it in the end! Good luck to you and keep me posted. My surgery is set for Monday!

Awesome.. .the caffeine withdrawal headache is really kickin in! I will be glad when that is over too.

Thanks everyone for your replies and encouragement. This is DAY 2 and it is better. I am one of the people who is not allowed to have lean meat or non-starchy veggies while doing this. Forensikchic - my caffeine headache lasted all day today but now I'm getting better. MeMeMEE - I think you're having surgery Monday, right? I love this forum. If I didn't have all of you to talk to I'd be going crazy!!

Thanks everyone!