Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So CAL Bandsters

I dont really feel restricted right now, I was told to be on a 2-3 week of all liquid and then move to soft food. But i got a meeting on Tuesday which will give me a better plan. I have gotten 6 cans of unjury... so im little prepare =p

I dont really feel restricted right now, I was told to be on a 2-3 week of all liquid and then move to soft food. But i got a meeting on Tuesday which will give me a better plan. I have gotten 6 cans of unjury... so im little prepare =p[/quote

Ant - 6 cans of Unjury - I had 2 plain & choc - I use the plain in my coffee in the morning (but you gotta make sure is has cooled some as the Protein powder will currdel if too hot) - I use the plan more than choc I still have some choc. I had some restriction after surgery and it was 8 wks before my 1st fill - My doc said 2 weeks liquid but when i went for my 1st post op he said i could move to mushies and that was 10 days out - I was HAPPY.. How are you feeling today... Better I hope..

I was banded on Saturday and live in Lake Forest. I have so many questions. How are you doing since you were banded?

Congrats & Welcome Mhoffman - What are your questions????

Me personally - I'm doing great 5 1/2 months out and I have 100% more energy and feel so much better !!! Have lost 59 lbs...

Thanks for your response. What did you eat during the mush stage? Also what is a typical day of eating after the mush stage? You know the way of life you eat now...

Thanks for your response. What did you eat during the mush stage? Also what is a typical day of eating after the mush stage? You know the way of life you eat now...

Mushie - zuchinne - mash potatoes - refired Beans - baked catfish mushed up good - it's very soft - Soups - spinach - meat pureed in magic bullet - eggs or egg beaters - tuna salad made with lite mayo - butternut squash, oatmeal - sf puddings - yogurt dannon lite & fit-

Daily food today

Breakfast - oatmeal - weight control with tiny box of raisins

or yogurt or eggbeaters w/cheese (usually on weekends)

lunch - 3 or 4 oz tuna or chicken or beef - 1 cup veggies or leftovers from night before - I make one pot wonders - where I just throw in meat - rice - veggies

(pork-cabbage-rice-onion-bell peppers soy sauce)

Clear Protein drink in the afternoon

dinner - 1/2 c rice - 4 or 5 oz of fish (i eat fish 4 or 5 days a week) and 1 cup veggies

Snacks - lite string cheese - sf puddings or fudgecicles - yogurt - 100 snack bag popcorn

I eat between 1000-1200 calories a day - I exercise 4 or 5 days a week (walk on treadmill 3 miles minimum) - I keep a food diary I count calories and Protein grams.

I still go out and eat about once a week or every 2 weeks - instead of eating taco enchillda rice & bean - I eat just a taco and maybe a couple bites of beans..

Hi Lake Forest! I'm in Laguna Niguel. I'm waiting surgery approval. I'm 1 mo. out of my 6 mo. required diet. I'll be interested in how you are doing since you will be about 6 mo. or so ahead of me. What Hospital did you go to and how was your experience?

Hey, we are moving to socal at the end of march. We are military, but I have to pay for fills. Does anyone know of a good fill doc that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? We will be at LA AFB, El Segundo area or south to San Pedro.

Thanks,

Amy

Hello So. Cali People,

I am new to this site (1 mo) and have not had surgery. I am scheduled for February and nervous. Is there a support group for Cali people that meet together? I found groups in other states and was wondering if a group had formed here.

Hey, we are moving to socal at the end of march. We are military, but I have to pay for fills. Does anyone know of a good fill doc that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? We will be at LA AFB, El Segundo area or south to San Pedro.

Thanks,

Amy

You can check out fillcentersusa.com. They have a fill center in LA and that is all they do are fills and unfills. I think they run around 200 per fill and most locations do not use Fluro. I was banded in TJ Mexico and I drove down today for my first fill, it is about 2 hours away. I may start using Fill Centers, we have one in my town, Garden Grove. Anyone ever use Fill Centers???? I don't hear too much about them on LBT.

I didn't know their was an AFB in LA. I am a AF veteran 1996-2001. Some people on LBT live in Palmdale which is not too far from LA, their may be a Doctor there who does fills. Good luck with you move.

You can check out fillcentersusa.com. They have a fill center in LA and that is all they do are fills and unfills. I think they run around 200 per fill and most locations do not use Fluro. I was banded in TJ Mexico and I drove down today for my first fill, it is about 2 hours away. I may start using Fill Centers, we have one in my town, Garden Grove. Anyone ever use Fill Centers???? I don't hear too much about them on LBT.

I didn't know their was an AFB in LA. I am a AF veteran 1996-2001. Some people on LBT live in Palmdale which is not too far from LA, their may be a Doctor there who does fills. Good luck with you move.

It's not a typical AFB, it is actually an AF Station. The housins is down in San Pedro(19 mi) and the actual base/commissary is up in El Segundo. Not sure where we will be living. I didn't know that there was such a thing as fill centers. Thanks for the tip.

When did you have your surgery? I am slated for Jan 25th. We are at Wright Patterson AFB right now, so I'm getting it done there. Tricare doesn't cover fills as of right now, unless you get it done where you had your surgery. But the surgeon said that the Lapband rep told him the other daya that Tricare picked them up, so in the near future, the fills will be covered! If you were active, you should still be grandfathered in, check it out! Could save you some dough! We move at the end of March, so I should be able to get my first two or three fills in before we go.

Have a great week!

amy

Hi Cal girls,

I'm actually not from California, but I work with Dr Davtyan and NewHope Bariatrics. Dr Davtyan is in LA and he does do fills.

As far as a support group goes. I do not know of any right now in the area. I do know that a lot of people were talking about putting one together.

We started ours here in Charlotte. It was just 6 of us and now we have over 30. I strongly recommend you all try to get together. Patty, I can't remember her screenname, but she hangs out in the NJ section. She is also from that area.

I maybe able to help you with a meeting place. Let me know.

Hope your all doing well.

I love my band. I have not been a great bandster this past month, but last night I had my last bite of cake finished the carmel popcorn and said ok this is it! So so far today I'm back on track!

If you have any questions for an old timer, please ask away. I hope you don't mind me popping in!