Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

RESULTS FROM UPPING CALORIES

went from 1100 calories per day to:

1281, 1100, 1164, 1736, 1500, 1528 respectively

+2.2 gain this week I mean,really, HOW CAN someone who weighs 285lbs gain on an average of 1400 calories a week. Really?!

So, who's got the winning game plan? My plan is back to 1100 calories, walking 30min a day and drinking Water. Betcha I'm lucky to lose 1 pound next week.

I am in a "stuck" place as well and thinoneday was for 7 months! She started the Atkins induction diet and lost 20lbs in 2 weeks. I started that today and hopefully the lbs will start to fade away. Good Luck.

Thanks for the inspiration thinoneday!!!

went from 1100 calories per day to:

1281, 1100, 1164, 1736, 1500, 1528 respectively

+2.2 gain this week I mean,really, HOW CAN someone who weighs 285lbs gain on an average of 1400 calories a week. Really?!

So, who's got the winning game plan? My plan is back to 1100 calories, walking 30min a day and drinking Water. Betcha I'm lucky to lose 1 pound next week.

Hi! Thanks Raine for your vote of confidence! tntransplant06, I think personally that those numbers are way to high to be ingesting. I now weigh 200 lbs and maybe have 900 calories, lots of Protein, and lots of Water. I've added 2 - 3 fruits a day as well and a small amount of vegatables. But that is just my opinion. Good luck

My thoughts on the 1400 calorie average: It's not too much. More than an average sleever eats, yes, but my nutritionist said 1100. I've been doing that and losing slowly. Wanted to kickstart my metabolism, but didn't work. 1400 calories is LOWER than what my doc put me on before I considered surgery and weight watchers had me on 1800. I don't believe it's too many calories. I do know there is an issue with my metabolism as I'm hypothyroid and my doc told me bc of my issues I'd never lose more than 40lbs on my own. She was right, I was never EVER able to go beyond 40lbs before surgery. After surgery I'm at 65lbs lost, but now my body is doing what it did pre-surgery and it's just fighting me the whole way. I was hoping somebody had some magical potion to kick my metabolism's ass.

No magical potions, this is trial and error. If you are not losing weight then you are consuming too many calories and/or not excersicing enough to burn calories - it is that simple and yet that hard. It is not easy to find the happy place on the calorie intake and output for a body. I too am hypothyroidic and have a very low metabolism, so i have to eat much less than most people and exercise more (which i hate). We are all different and you have to find what works for you and that takes time, planning and lots of trials. WLS is a tool not the complete answer, you still have choices and free will to do or not to do what your body needs. Best wishes in your Quest. :D

Hi,

It can be frustrating huh..... hang in there, keep trying - only you can find what works for you body. I know this may sound hokey and it is easier said then done...but your o.k....you will get back on track and once you see more weight coming off it is just such a rush!!!

So look at my stats below... I started off big...and I am still big, but little by little I am pecking away at it. For my size, my doc has me keeping calories around 1000 - my bigger focus is on carbs. I try to keep my carbs around 35 - but always under 50.

In May I thought I was not losing very well so I decided to up my excersize and lower my calories... I had calories around 800 - 700 a day... I did this for a week and I only weigh myself once a week. So I was really looking forward to the weigh in that week and I about cried, I did my best ever on eating and exercise and I only lost .8 of a pound.. .8 - tried it a 2nd week and lost .5 --- not even a full pound loss in 2 weeks.. I bounced back up to the 1000 calories and lost 4 pounds the next week.... just weird how something works for one person but not another.

On the exercise part... because I started so big... I had to go easy. I started walking on the treadmill 15 minutes a day. Every 5-6 days I kept upping it by 15 minutes and increasing the speed of the treadmill. I can now do 3 miles in 50 minutes... for me, that kicks butt!

Only point to my rambeling is to keep trying different things to find your spot... change your diet, start counting carbs, see what may work differently for you to put you back in the losing record...you can do, you have already taken the biggest step by getting sleeved...now the daily battle is up to you... good luck..hang tight..:D