Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When will I start seeing the difference?

Hey fellow gastric sleeve patients! Its good to have found a place where I can write about this long, hard but well worth it in the end experience. I currently go to FSU and start in the fall for my second year and Im excited to be back. but with being a college student will this surgery fail me? I'm scared and I'm not really sure what will happen but i know that im the only one in control of my life and what i do but thats another story.. now from the beginning.

I have ALWAYS been overweight. ALWAYS. Ever since I was 11 I have been doing any diet known. weight watchers, jenny craig, south beach, Atkins, fat loss pills, green tea, anything and they all have failed me. After I saw how my father's life had change after the surgery thats when i decided that it was the last step for me to take or I wasnt going to live a long and healthy life. On May 23rd, I had the operation. Pre-op i had lost around 15 or 16 pounds and I felt okay. Post-op was horrible. I hated all the gases in me, the diet was terrible, and not to mention i had severe dehydration and i kept having the need to throw up. But after my first month after the surgery things were going better for me. I was eating a little bit more and drinking my Water and keeping up with what i had to do. But now after 2 months of surgery i'm feeling stuck in front of a barrier. I have lost a total of about 52 pounds since preop. and i cant see the difference. i still feel like the overweight girl. yes i still am overweight and have a long way to go but i thought i would of felt like i had accomplished something. I talk to my bestfriend about this whenever it comes up and she says that i went from one extreme to another. from feeling happy being bigger and now just obessing over my weight and saying im fat when ive lost more than 50 pounds.

This is just frustrating and I'm hoping this is just a phase and I can move forward and keep on losing the weight.

Starting weight: 306 pounds

Current weight: 254 pounds

Goal weight: Between 140-150

Please, please, please try to have a positive attitude......You have accomplished so much already. If you find yourself depressed or too negative, maybe you now have a chemical imbalance and could use the help of some anti-depressants just for a little while. After all....you have been through a big, traumatic change to your body and emotions and it wouldn't be surprising if your chemicals are all out of balance. Please keep your chin up till you get off this "plateau" (which is expected)...and if you can't seem to feel better, please see your doctor about meds for a while to help you feel more like yourself.

God bless....I will pray for you complete recovery and happiness.

Cay

Hey fellow gastric sleeve patients! Its good to have found a place where I can write about this long, hard but well worth it in the end experience. I currently go to FSU and start in the fall for my second year and Im excited to be back. but with being a college student will this surgery fail me? I'm scared and I'm not really sure what will happen but i know that im the only one in control of my life and what i do but thats another story.. now from the beginning.

I have ALWAYS been overweight. ALWAYS. Ever since I was 11 I have been doing any diet known. weight watchers, jenny craig, south beach, Atkins, fat loss pills, green tea, anything and they all have failed me. After I saw how my father's life had change after the surgery thats when i decided that it was the last step for me to take or I wasnt going to live a long and healthy life. On May 23rd, I had the operation. Pre-op i had lost around 15 or 16 pounds and I felt okay. Post-op was horrible. I hated all the gases in me, the diet was terrible, and not to mention i had severe dehydration and i kept having the need to throw up. But after my first month after the surgery things were going better for me. I was eating a little bit more and drinking my Water and keeping up with what i had to do. But now after 2 months of surgery i'm feeling stuck in front of a barrier. I have lost a total of about 52 pounds since preop. and i cant see the difference. i still feel like the overweight girl. yes i still am overweight and have a long way to go but i thought i would of felt like i had accomplished something. I talk to my bestfriend about this whenever it comes up and she says that i went from one extreme to another. from feeling happy being bigger and now just obessing over my weight and saying im fat when ive lost more than 50 pounds.

This is just frustrating and I'm hoping this is just a phase and I can move forward and keep on losing the weight.

Starting weight: 306 pounds

Current weight: 254 pounds

Goal weight: Between 140-150

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! I guess it's just one of those down days I'm having but I know it will get better!

Hope your weight loss journey is going great!

Karen

Welcome to the forums!

It was a couple of friends of mine that pointed out that I looked slimmer in my stomach area before I even realized it. It wasn't until about 3 days later that I actually saw the difference myself - not much, but I did see a small difference. I think we are probably the last ones to actually see our bodies differently. You've probably noticed that your clothes are starting to fit a little differently - even if you don't see it yourself. Your body is changing and it takes a while for us to realize that. Keep your chin up, it will happen. Maybe not as fast as we would like, but it will happen. :)